Blue Iris User Login

smittyjf

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to have the BI Console up with a limited access to the functions.
I build the systems for our grocery store chain and recently switch to BI from an older Geovision system. Geovision had ADMIN logins which had access to all functions including deleting videos and altering the Database. We used a regular USER login while the system ran so that no one would have access to delete or change any settings. BI only runs with full access. Is there anything I am missing.

Smitty

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
From the help file:

By default, when you run the software, you must be using an administrator account and/or answer Yes to the UAC prompt (the one asking to allow the software to make changes to your computer). However, if you uncheck the box for Require run-as Administrator for the console or when stand-alone, you may allow the console (or the application if not running as a service) to run "as a user." When running in this way, the user may not make any changes to the Blue Iris settings or camera properties. In addition, the user will only be able to manually delete and move clips if they have write access to the folders without administrator privileges. Note also that unless you are running as a service, some features may not be fully functional, such as the web server and automatic software updates.

The default program shortcut that is installed to Windows runs the BlueIrisAdmin.exe, which guarantees the UAC prompt. You may wish to change this to point directly to BlueIris.exe, which does not require the UAC prompt. In this case, you may always still right-click the icon and select "run as administrator" as necessary.
I think you'll need to run the Blue Iris console from the desktop of a limited user account, and manually set up folder permissions to be read-only for that user.