Blue Iris using 90% of my network

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For some reason, BI is pulling 900Mbps at peak and jumps back and forth between 600 and 900. It used to never do this before. Anything I should be looking for?

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
I don't know how many cameras you have, what kind of bitrate settings do you have in these cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason, BI is pulling 900Mbps at peak and jumps back and forth between 600 and 900. It used to never do this before. Anything I should be looking for?
I think you are confused..blue iris uses ZERO local network bandwidth...the cameras do as they stream their feed to blue iris...that is the same for any vms and any NVR...
As far as when viewing remotely and your internet bandwidth, it will only be used when viewing remotely and will be limited to whatever you max bitrate in your webserver is set to...

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have 8 3mp and 2 4mp cameras @ 10fps

When I look at my task manager, BI was pulling that speed on my network tab

it dropped to average 30Mbps at this time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 8 3mp and 2 4mp cameras @ 10fps

When I look at my task manager, BI was pulling that speed on my network tab

it dropped to average 30Mbps at this time.
again, it is not pulling anything but what the cameras are streaming...it cannot pull more data than what is being sent to the machine...something else going on..do you store files on NAS?

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You might have just nailed it. I took my server offline for some maintenance and when I power it back up I noticed this. It might be uploading the files to the FTP server on the nas as I do archive things on there in case something happens. Explains why now is only doing a couple percent