Blue Iris - Version 4.3.7

Reaction score
With a significant advancement, Blue Iris may now stream from generic RTMP, RTMPS and Flash sources. *This provides compatibility with the Nest and Dropcam and other cameras which only offer RTMP streaming. *For the Nest, open the “public view” page for the camera, open the page source, and copy the RTMPS URL from the code and paste this into Blue Iris when adding a new camera.
The post Version 4.3.7 appeared first on Blue Iris.

byronsmith

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried out the Nest cam support. It works. The downside is that you have to go into the Nest App on your computer and make the feed "public". Then by bringing up the public feed on a tab you can examine the source and get the URL as described.

Not sure yet if by making the nest cam feed public what this exactly means? Can it be seen by people who don't have the URL?

albone3000

n3wb
Reaction score
thats awesome im psyched about the nest support because so many people already have them.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
thats awesome im psyched about the nest support because so many people already have them.
I dont know how useful this will be unless the camera streams direct to blue iris over lan...if it requires streaming from the nest servers, the bandwidth use will be problematic...

byronsmith

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm thinking that's exactly what's happening. I suspect the video stream from the Next cam to the their servers is locked down somehow....

Reaction score
Somehow after updating to 4.3.7 I cannot stream to our Wowza server anymore. The path / credentials / setup unchanged, but only thing I get is c00d0033 on connection-status. This has happened to all 3 stations that updated to 4.3.7, the other 5 instances of BI that are streaming to that Wowza server (all different streams) are still fine.

Streams that fail on BI 4.3.7 all work when path/credentials are tested via FMLE, so any errors there can be ruled out. Suggestions as to what i am overlooking..?

Reaction score
Just downgraded back to 4.3.4.1(x.64): business as usual. So it seems there is something wrong at the streaming side of things in the 4.3.7 version, might be worth checking.

eddiequeue

n3wb
Reaction score
This is really cool, I have a Nest cam that's used as a baby monitor and I would love to have it connected to my Blue Iris system. However, if I have to remove the login and make it public there's absolutely no way that's happening. The bandwidth concerns are big as well, I wouldn't want to pull 1080p 24x7 over my broadband connection. The NestCam (DropCam) hardware is great, attractive and pretty good quality with good 2-way voice, I just have always wished I could use it with BlueIris and ditch the subscription.

vbprof

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried out the Nest cam support. It works. The downside is that you have to go into the Nest App on your computer and make the feed "public". Then by bringing up the public feed on a tab you can examine the source and get the URL as described.

Not sure yet if by making the nest cam feed public what this exactly means? Can it be seen by people who don't have the URL?
Is there step by step instructions? I am new to this. How to make the Nest App "public" on the computer app. I use PC with firefox. I usually login and the cameras show up automatically. Do I have to program the camera to make it public? Also, there can I see the source? On the web page? Thanks for the help.

ansientwun

n3wb
Reaction score
I haven't found step by step instructions. To make the Nest CAM public you need to use your desktop and go to the home.nest.com web site. Sign in and change your camera properties using the gear in the upper right hand corner. About viewing the source code, you right click on the web page and then click on "view source code". However, on doing this, I've only been able to find stream addresses that start with HTTPS:// not RTMPS:// which is what Blue Iris requires.

Reaction score
I just figured this out. Use the Microsoft Edge browser when viewing the source code of your cam. You will find a rtmps address for your stream.

I haven't found step by step instructions. To make the Nest CAM public you need to use your desktop and go to the home.nest.com web site. Sign in and change your camera properties using the gear in the upper right hand corner. About viewing the source code, you right click on the web page and then click on "view source code". However, on doing this, I've only been able to find stream addresses that start with HTTPS:// not RTMPS:// which is what Blue Iris requires.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I finally figured it out. I will try to post a tutorial this weekend. Thanks Steve Brown. I just posted my step by step on page 2

Last edited by a moderator:

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using blueiris 4.4.5 but it should be the same.
Screenshot 2016-09-27 23.04.32.pngScreenshot 2016-09-27 23.05.25.pngScreenshot 2016-09-27 22.58.52.png
1:) after sharing your Nest cam publicly using MS Edge go to your public page
2:) after the page has loaded right click the image
3:) click inspect element
4:) you should after a few seconds see your rtmps feed
5:) copy it then goto blueiris and add a cam
6:) select rtmps then paste your link.
7:) enjoy

Reaction score
Have you tried this with Nest's new password protected cam sharing feature? Rolled out like a month ago.

mb520205

n3wb
Reaction score
I have tried every way I can think of to get it shared password protect and still get it to work with blue iris. Did you get it to work Adam?

ereddish

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Please let me know if you get the Nest to work. I've watched the video and done everything step by step. Not able to see Nest. I would appreciate some help.