Blue Iris w/ Lorex 4k bullets

Reaction score
I inherited a costco 6 pk of 4k lorex cameras model LNB8005-C.

Half of the cameras work with blue iris with the default admin:admin but half give me invalid login error. I have tried using the password that the NVR had (NVR died btw) to no resolve. the odd thing is none of the cameras will allow me to login to they web portal via the browser. Is there a plug-in/ some archaic version of IE I need for these cameras?

All the cameras give me a login page and can be pinged but none of the default passwords online will work. Is there a way to reset these cameras?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I inherited a costco 6 pk of 4k lorex cameras model LNB8005-C.

Half of the cameras work with blue iris with the default admin:admin but half give me invalid login error. I have tried using the password that the NVR had (NVR died btw) to no resolve. the odd thing is none of the cameras will allow me to login to they web portal via the browser. Is there a plug-in/ some archaic version of IE I need for these cameras?

All the cameras give me a login page and can be pinged but none of the default passwords online will work. Is there a way to reset these cameras?
This is not a blue iris issue. If you dont have the correct password, it wont work. Resetting these cameras is ease. Google is your friend.

Reaction score
Thank you for your response, i understand that this is not strictly a blue iris issue. Where should I have posted this type of thread?

In regards to googling how to reset these specific cameras- there is no relevant information that I could find. Lorex does not have a software tool similar to SDAP. The Lorex webpage is quite out of date when it comes to support articles. Their webpage still recommends pressing the reset button on the camera. These cameras do not have reset buttons.

I was hoping someone on here who is has used these cameras might know the trick or perhaps the more recent default password for these cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, i understand that this is not strictly a blue iris issue. Where should I have posted this type of thread?

In regards to googling how to reset these specific cameras- there is no relevant information that I could find. Lorex does not have a software tool similar to SDAP. The Lorex webpage is quite out of date when it comes to support articles. Their webpage still recommends pressing the reset button on the camera. These cameras do not have reset buttons.

I was hoping someone on here who is has used these cameras might know the trick or perhaps the more recent default password for these cameras.
The camera section forum would have been the proper place.
A quick google search will result in the lorex quick start guide for the camera with instructions on finding the reset button.
The camera is a dahua which does have a config tool like sadp.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
I Googled "lorex LNB8005-C quick start guide" and the first result was golden, as was with "dahua ip camera config tool".:rolleyes:

Reaction score
The problem is the information is wrong. I read the QuickStart guide.

-There is NO reset button on these cameras
-the firmware that lorex uses, makes the OEM tools not detect the camera. I tried both hikvision and dahua tools.
-to the best of my knowledge there Is no software tool from lorex to reset the cameras?

-the only method I found (on a amazon review) mentioned using a lorex NVR. Sadly, this is not available to me as mine died.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The problem is the information is wrong. I read the QuickStart guide.

-There is NO reset button on these cameras
-the firmware that lorex uses, makes the OEM tools not detect the camera. I tried both hikvision and dahua tools.
-to the best of my knowledge there Is no software tool from lorex to reset the cameras?

-the only method I found (on a amazon review) mentioned using a lorex NVR. Sadly, this is not available to me as mine died.
Hi @remotevirus

Suggest if you picked this up from Costco to return it if the NVR has died.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
fwiw, My Lorex LNB-8005C's both show up in Dahua's config tool, but obviously, without the admin password, you can't do anything with it...
I clearly remember using the reset button under that tab when i first got these cams (I got them used and didn't have the password.)
Also was disappointed that the SD-card slot is just blank, but that's one way Lorex makes 'em cheaper than the Dahua 4830/31 these appear to be based on...

Reaction score
thank you for all the information. I clearly overlooked the part of the manual that indicated where the reset button was. I assumed incorrectly that the information about reseting the camera would be in the "troubleshooting" area of the QSG.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thank you for all the information. I clearly overlooked the part of the manual that indicated where the reset button was. I assumed incorrectly that the information about reseting the camera would be in the "troubleshooting" area of the QSG.
Thanks for this...proves you're human.....like the rest of us!:headbang: