Blue Iris Web interface (UI3) ..... Password?

User Name

n3wb
Reaction score
Want to try the BI Web Interface (UI3) but after putting in Remote/internal (LAN) access address I get a connection asking for my "Username" and "Password". I don't recall ever entering anything when installing BI. Where can I get this???

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Want to try the BI Web Interface (UI3) but after putting in Remote/internal (LAN) access address I get a connection asking for my "Username" and "Password". I don't recall ever entering anything when installing BI. Where can I get this???
use need to setup a username and password in blue iris options>users.

User Name

n3wb
Reaction score
I serched for an answer before posting and saw nothing. Then I saw that somewhere just after posting. Now I just can't find the "Options Tab" under settings. Where is it? (And thanks for your response!)

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
I exceeded the max amount of tries guessing at passwords I might of used to find out it was totally diff now it says exceeded max attempts. After finding this post it’s super easy to find just didn’t know what I was looking for. How do I get to try again or is it just a specified time I’m blocked?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I exceeded the max amount of tries guessing at passwords I might of used to find out it was totally diff now it says exceeded max attempts. After finding this post it’s super easy to find just didn’t know what I was looking for. How do I get to try again or is it just a specified time I’m blocked?
Webserver tab

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
Just realized it only works while on my home wifi. If I turn wifi off and go cellular it just times out. I’m using port forwarding with stunnel should it still work or what am I missing?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Just realized it only works while on my home wifi. If I turn wifi off and go cellular it just times out. I’m using port forwarding with stunnel should it still work or what am I missing?
It will work locally because you're using a different IP... Simply need to unblock the block

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
By the sounds of it this is where stunnel can’t be used. My router isn’t capable of VPN. I assume my option is to get a capable router. Just when I thought I didn’t need too. I’m such a noob to all of this. Thx for the help

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
By the sounds of it this is where stunnel can’t be used. My router isn’t capable of VPN. I assume my option is to get a capable router. Just when I thought I didn’t need too. I’m such a noob to all of this. Thx for the help
why not? its just being blocked by blue iris for the reasons you stated. Not sure why you have not followed directions to resolve it.

chevelle01

n3wb
Reaction score
O that I did I put in username and password it was set to block for only 90mins which had passed by the time I figured it out.