Blue iris Web server and google wifi

ABnSultan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i have been trying for the past couple days on a way to be able to access my blue iris remotely but no luck :(

here's my set up
Modem --> google wifi --> PC which run blue iris

so i did double port forwarding

and here's the my pc on google wifi port forward

when i type on my browser the wan ip (2.88.XXX.XXX:8081) it connects fine but when i'm on my 4G it shows errors

also i want to mention even with the double port forwarding and firewall turned off i get the error

i spent so many days trying to figure it out but i no longer have any idea what to do :(
please help me.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
cell provider i also tried with other wifi from my parent wifi and at work wifi all of them unable to log in :(
No, I mean who is your provider for the internet connection at the server...

MR F

n3wb
Reaction score
cell provider i also tried with other wifi from my parent wifi and at work wifi all of them unable to log in :(
You should setup a VPN on your Google WiFi.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

Test 8081 and make sure you are seeing that as open.

Edit. Nkt sure why tapatalk the pictures show up all blurry.

But regardless is there a reason you dont either bridge or enable dmz to give the google wifi router the direct wan? Are you setting your goggle wifi wan ip as static and using that when port forwarding in the router/modem combo?

I can lend a hand with teamviewer etc if needed, you can also use logmein hamachi and setup a vpn that way. Works pretty well in places that need it and its free for 5 devices. Or if it has open vpn that will work too.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk

ABnSultan

n3wb
Reaction score
Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router

Test 8081 and make sure you are seeing that as open.

Edit. Nkt sure why tapatalk the pictures show up all blurry.

But regardless is there a reason you dont either bridge or enable dmz to give the google wifi router the direct wan? Are you setting your goggle wifi wan ip as static and using that when port forwarding in the router/modem combo?

I can lend a hand with teamviewer etc if needed, you can also use logmein hamachi and setup a vpn that way. Works pretty well in places that need it and its free for 5 devices. Or if it has open vpn that will work too.
the reason why i can't do that is because the ISP will give you a pre-config modem which you can't modify it
and if you factory reset, the internet won't work :(

Attachments

awahl101

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
looks similar to how google fiber works based on what I have seen in the pfsense world. pppoe and vlans for it to work. regardless when you forward in that router/modem to the wan ip of your google wifi router then port forward accordingly the port does not open?

i run hamachi at my fathers as he has satellite internet where you are behind a nat, works as well as it can via satellite.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk