Blue iris will not install? x64 System cannot find the file specified.

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
I just purchased/downloaded Blue Iris, but get the attached error when installing. "x64 The system cannot find the file specified". Any reason why this will not install? I just dragged the .exe file to my desktop and double clicked.

Yes, running the 64bit OS version of Windows 10 pro.

I've checked and my windows is all up to date and ran the SFC /scannow command and no issues were returned with my OS. Any other ideas or things to do here?

Attachments

Last edited:

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried re downloading and installing 3 different times. Also restarted a couple times... nada...

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Long shot, but have you tried running it as Administrator?

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
Running as administrator didn't work either. May try reinstalling windows here. I tried to run windows repair and it was unsuccessful for some reason.

ACLP Ed

n3wb
Reaction score
This is a longshot, but i have had this occur with other software installer when downloading using Chrome.
Once I downloaded with Firefox all went well.

ALarsh

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks all. Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the answer was because I changed two things at once. I reinstalled windows 10 and downloaded via IE instead of Chrome, which it then installed fine. I'm guessing it was likely the chrome download throwing something off. Hope this helps someone in the future.