Blue Iris Win7 Pro 64Bit New User frustrated with configuration Problem

TerryK

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm near wits end. I really like the Blue Iris interface and ease of setup but I'm having a really large problem getting things to work properly.

Setups:
ASUS Motherboard
Windows 7 Pro
8 Gig Ram
3.8 Gig quad core AMD A10-5800K
Radeon HD Graphics
2TB WD Purple Drive
Gig Lan connected to Cisco 3550 switch

5 Samsung SND-6083 cameras 2MP connected to same Cisco switch Cat6 ethernet
Line out from Amplifier connected to Line in on Cameras.
Using Chrome, Cameras show input when speaking into a microphone attached to Amp.
Using Chrome, Cameras show trigger on Motion and highlight if requested.

Using Genius Vision Trial, Audio (G.711) and Video record and playback using hardware camera triggers.
Using Luxriot Trial, Audio (G.711) and Video record and Playback using hardware camera triggers.
Processor usage is minimal on Genius and Luxriot.

Using Blue Iris, Video only records if I use Blue Iris (Software) to trigger on motion. It ignores hardware motion trigger from cameras.
IF Blue Iris is recording the G.711 audio, it never plays it back, not even in "Live" mode.
When running BI processor usage 90-100% all the time. All 4 cores are running flat out for 5 cameras.

What am I missing???? I've been playing with this for days. Had both Genius Vision and Luxriot usable in 1 hr. or less!

Terry

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@TerryK Welcome to the forum. Blue iris support for in camera motion detection is limited...it works with axis cameras, some mobotix, and hikvision cameras that have an alarm output...
This is not necessarily a bad thing...it lets you customize motion detection based on time of day, schedule etc...you are not stuck with a single settings..
It may or may not work with the samsung..generally you need to enable the cameras output alarm triggers (even if nothing is connected to them)...and also in camera properties >video>configure, select use cameras digital input or motion.
The 5800k is a relatively weak processor (equivalent to an intel i3 haswell) you will need to use the direct to disc recording option camera properties>record>file format and compression.
You may also want to limit the live preview rate to 10fps - this will not affect recording. Blue iris options > cameras.
Using direct to disc will dramatically reduce your cpu consumption..
As far as audio, make sure its enabled in blue iris camera properties..then under blue iris options, select the audio tab and for the output device select "not specified"

Take a look at these..while they pertain to axis and hikvision, they may help you set your cams up for in camera motion....
http://www.ipcamtalk.com/troubleshooting/2806-camera-motion-detection-axis-mobotix.html?highlight=axis
Using IP camera based PIR sensors with Blueiris

TerryK

n3wb
Reaction score
Fought with it for days, finally gave up. I'd have to say that Samsung and Blue Iris don't work well together.
Switched this project to Luxriot and am running 9 cameras recording at 1920 X 1080 20 FPS and viewing all 9 at 1280 X 1024 10FPS on a 60" tv.
Processor usage 6 to 13% no drops, no hiccups, perfect audio.:joyous:
Adding 7 more cameras next week.

Thanks for your help and suggestions from Blue Iris tech support.