Blue Iris won't accept port 80

JackAzz

n3wb
Reaction score
I just installed Blue Iris 5 yesterday. I still have Blue Iris 3.6 running on same computer. I didn't want to delete 3.6 till i have BI5 running.
Anyway, when i try to add the 4 cameras i have BI5 will not accept port 80. So in the address field for the camera i am adding i try to
type in 192.168.1.55:80, as soon as i try to save or click any other field the :80 disappears and it reverts the address to 192.168.155 with no :80.
Then BI5 cannot find the camera. I can type in any other port number after the colon and it will accept and save. The 4 cameras are hikvision.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just installed Blue Iris 5 yesterday. I still have Blue Iris 3.6 running on same computer. I didn't want to delete 3.6 till i have BI5 running.
Anyway, when i try to add the 4 cameras i have BI5 will not accept port 80. So in the address field for the camera i am adding i try to
type in 192.168.1.55:80, as soon as i try to save or click any other field the :80 disappears and it reverts the address to 192.168.155 with no :80.
Then BI5 cannot find the camera. I can type in any other port number after the colon and it will accept and save. The 4 cameras are hikvision.
The reason why it’s disappearing is because port 80 is default and when there’s no port listed it is using port 80. Do you have something else configured incorrectly.

JackAzz

n3wb
Reaction score
The reason why it’s disappearing is because port 80 is default and when there’s no port listed it is using port 80. Do you have something else configured incorrectly.
I thought i had transferred all the information over correctly, i will check it again.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The default HTTP port for most IP cams is 80, so it doesn't need to be entered. My v5 will also erase the ":80" if I type it then click somewhere else.
Unless your camera's HTTP port is something other than 80, you do not need to enter it.
Many Foscams use 88 for the HTTP port.

JackAzz

n3wb
Reaction score
And the external address was the same on both versions,
Shit i just looked at it again, the external address on BI5 is HTTPS. So i need to change that.
Well i tried to change that to HTTP but i don't know how and hitting refresh gives same HTTPS address.
I had to uncheck stunnel to get to HTTP, but still no cameras up.
Oh boy, i am an ass. I didn't change the password for each camera in BI5 configure settings. I thought since it populated admin and had the same amount of asterisks for password that it had populated the password in.
I now have video, sorry to have wasted time and space.

Last edited: