Blue Iris Won't Convert/Export Multiple Files

Ruffles

n3wb
Reaction score
Good evening. Last week I was able to convert/export multiple files by selecting them on the right-hand side and then right clicking "Convert/Export"; however, after I updated the software several days ago, I can't do that anymore. The arrows are in perpetual grey mode.

Oddly enough, I can tediously convert/export videos one-by-one by clicking the convert/export button in the Viewer:

Blue Iris Example 1.png

Could someone please provide a solution?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The curved arrow shows up and that's it. It never turns green.
hmmm not sure why its not converting...have you tried restarting blue iris? I would contact support and see what he says..you may have to reinstall.

Ruffles

n3wb
Reaction score
hmmm not sure why its not converting...have you tried restarting blue iris? I would contact support and see what he says..you may have to reinstall.
I originally restarted both the software and the computer. I'll give re-installation a try. Thank you for the suggestion.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I originally restarted both the software and the computer. I'll give re-installation a try. Thank you for the suggestion.
No problem..as a longshot, before reinstalling, you might want to delete the db folder and restart blue iris and see if that helps..

Ruffles

n3wb
Reaction score
No problem..as a longshot, before reinstalling, you might want to delete the db folder and restart blue iris and see if that helps..
I re-installed the software before I had a chance to read your reply. Re-installing didn't work, though.

If I were to delete the DB folder, would I lose all of my clips? I have a lot of protected clips that I can't lose.

Ruffles

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman

I got it to work. Instead of deleting the DB folder, I ran Blue Iris in compatibility mode (Windows 8). Evidently, the recent updates aren't working so well on Windows 8.1 Pro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ruffles

n3wb
Reaction score
@fenderman

I discovered another problem. In Windows 8 compatibility mode, it seems as if Blue Iris doesn't covert/export the whole clip. It trims several seconds from the beginning. Odd... I'm going to experiment with different compatibility modes.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman

All right. Problem solved. Blue Iris works best in Windows 7 compatibility mode (at least for me).
you dont have to use compatibility mode. I would not. Blue iris runs just fine on windows 8...something else is going on. Deleting the database folder will not delete the clips..it will delete alert images and markers in the timeline..