Blue Iris works in non-admin mode only

Megaflash

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, my copy of Blue Iris has suddenly changed to non-admin mode and no matter what, refuses to run in any other mode even when I start-up in admin mode. I have tried running as administrator, downloaded and installed the software again, but all to no avail. In this mode all I get are the camera screens with none of the recordings etc. I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit which up until now has been fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, my copy of Blue Iris has suddenly changed to non-admin mode and no matter what, refuses to run in any other mode even when I start-up in admin mode. I have tried running as administrator, downloaded and installed the software again, but all to no avail. In this mode all I get are the camera screens with none of the recordings etc. I'm running on Windows 7 64 bit which up until now has been fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated!
Did you delete the blue Iris admin user?

Megaflash

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I am, I am the only user of the machine. I have a dedicated PC running Windows 7 64bit. The only program I run on the machine is Blue Iris and Bitdefender virus protection. Everything has worked until a recent update to the operating system. I have tried to roll-back, but the system is telling me that it can't.

sparelee

n3wb
Reaction score
Try removing bitdefender and just run windows defender see if that helps and have you set it to auto login with netplwiz?

Megaflash

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I am, I am the only user of the machine. I have a dedicated PC running Windows 7 64bit. The only program I run on the machine is Blue Iris and Bitdefender virus protection. Everything has worked until a recent update to the operating system. I have tried to roll-back, but the system is telling me that it can't.
The problem was caused by the windows update changing the user account so as it appeared as not having administrator permissions. This is despite showing the account had admin rights in the control panel Users section. The solution was to activate the 'Super Admin' login and delete the problem user, then to create another account.