Blue Iris www server "Too many users" anywhere but localhost

trogfish

n3wb
Reaction score
I updated my win10 dedicated BI machine; I updated BI and windows itself, plus BI tools and BP server files. (everything was working fine before.)

Since then, anytime I try to access the BI www server, (either default or bp version) from any client, while using the correct IP, I only get a simple web page response of "too many users"

Note: it is not actually a 'too many users' issue; I can restart the machine, and have no one accessing the machine but me, and receive the same response.

The only way I can access the BI www is on the host machine itself, by using "http://localhost" (I use port :80) Both default and BP files work correctly with that approach.

I have re-updated/ or re-installed everything, and get the same results.
I removed the BI tools, and BP www files and got the same behavior from the default www server. So I am thinking it's an issue with Blue Iris itself.
I also checked and interacted with Firewall, which doesn't seem to be the issue.

I have 'fiddled' with the www settings tab in blue iris itself, but cannot find a resolution.

Any help or insights appreciated
Thanks.

trogfish

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried multiple things like changing port numbers but nothing else seemed to work. I have found a workaround however. In Blue Iris, webserver settings tab, there is an additional button for 'advanced' settings. There is a checkbox for 'auto ban after failed attempts.' After unchecking this box and disabling the feature everything works again. This appears to me to be a bug in BI itself, effectively banning all users no matter what, no matter how many login attempts, etc.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Well there is a user limit feature in BI too, maybe it was set to 1 somehow. Also any login page of mine older than version 12 or so has a bug where it tries one invalid login every time the page loads, and browsers sometimes try to pre-cache your commonly visited pages, so you could end up with your IP banned through no fault of your own. Make sure you have the latest version of UI2 or UI3 or both -- each of them has the fixed login page.