Blueiris 5 upgrade

Reaction score
hi all, after having a stable version of BI4 running for 18months with no problems ive had to upgrade to BI5 as the push notifications went:rolleyes:, downloaded BI5 and copied the settings to it. This was a month ago and have nothing but problems with it since, mainly cameras keep going off for a few seconds every 30 seconds or so, mainly on the qvis cameras (which are the same as dahua i think). ive upgraded the ram, even tried a fresh install of win 10 and fresh BI5 and started from scratch, also the vivotek dome keeps going into bright colours and have to keep resetting it. Dont think its a camera or hardware issue as BI4 was faultless with everything the same for 18 months, just wondering if anyway had any similar issues before i downgrade to BI4 again?

tward392

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What version of 5 are you using? The last few versions have issues because he has been adding some very useful things like using sub-streams, but this is causing issues and will until he gets the kinks worked out. Try downgrading to 5.2.6.5 (4/28/2020), I believe that was a very stable version.

Reaction score
hi thanks for the reply, do you know where i would get that from as i cant see any links for legacy BI5 downloads on the site?

Reaction score
thanks for the help but its still the same, guess ill have to just downgrade to BI4, reminds me of why i dont fix things that arent broke!

Reaction score
ok so it wouldnt let me go back to BI4 just got the 0000007b error, so i tried some different versions of BI5 seems that 5.0.7.6 has fixed it and the cameras no longer keep going off so looks like that ones staying on for the time being.

Reaction score
for bi4? no, it seems to working fine now with the old version so ill leave it for now.