Blueiris Remote not working. Again

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
On my Samsung s7 the BI app cannot connect anymore. It has been working fine for over a year. A few months back an update was released and remote would not work no matter what I tried.
Reverting to the previous version (release ) solved the issue.
Now It just does not work period. Setting up the remote server with the latest release gives me a screen at the end that shows you all the setting and addresses that need to be used for the app to work remotely. That still does not work. I keep getting "Unable to reach server"

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. What ISP do you have?
2. What modem are you running?
3. Do you have any managed switches or routers in your system?
4. Do you have any other devices you can use other than your S7?

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Same ISP provider that has worked for over a year. Same applies to all other questions. All are constants that have been working.
The only variable here is BI's updates.

I have gone through this before where anything newer than the version released around 4 months ago would not work. Install the older version and all worked with no issues.
My mistake was installing the latest version thinking surely that would be resolved.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Its hard to help you or make recommendations if I don't know what you have. I've gone though this many times as well, its normally a setting I missed.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
cablelynx is the ISP
Router is Nighthawk X6 R8000
Nothing managed on system.
I do not have another phone to try on.

thanks

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you have a modem with your cablelynx? If so what model?
Please describe your scheme i.e. modem>Router/WiFi>Comp-w/BI or however you have it setup.

Last edited:

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I had the same issue today. Doing forget server and adding it back fixed it for me.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My setup is cable to modem, to wifi router, to computer.

What baffles me is that none of my setup has changed, no firmware updates either.

thanks for the help.

Philip, I will also try the forget server and back see it that works. It will be a bit later tonight.

Philip Gonzales

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can try going to http://ipadress:port in your web browser, if web server is enabled, and if that works no need to troubleshoot your setup. Not sure if web server needs to be enabled for the app to work as I always have had web server enabled. The issue actually happened again right after I posted and I had to do forget server again and readd it again. Something wonky is going on as I have not changed any settings myself. But at least I know what to do to fix it for now.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
URL's for BI app on phone should be:
LAN: yourlocal-IPaddress:pport (As @Philip Gonzales mentioned, if all is good this URL in your browser at home on your LAN should work).
WAN: yourWAN-IPaddress:pport (if provided static WAN IP by your ISP) or yourDDNS-hostname:pport (if provided dynamic IP by your ISP; you would have set up a DDNS account with DynDNS, no-ip, etc.).

NOTE: put a colon where the pink face is! Not sure how to correct this.....

That 'port' above would be the port forwarded in your router to your BI server's local IP (same as 'yourlocal-IPaddress', above).

You don't mention if your WAN IP is static or dynamic; if dynamic and you're not using a DDNS it may have changed, hence BI cannot locate it using the same WAN IP as before.

If that all checks OK and you're sure the settings are correct on the 'Web Server' page of BI, I'd look at the router. I've had modems 'reset' themselves before, with all settings going to default and the port previously being forwarded removed by the 'reset'.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Like TonyR and I said before, check your settings. I just did a fresh setup on a new iPhone 8Plus and it went smooth as butter. My ISP is AT&T and they updated the firmware without my knowledge once and screwed me up for a day of some head bashing. I finally realized it was my posts were again blocked. Not knowing what cable modem you have I'd follow the suggested link above by Phillip -> http://ipadress:port. Good luck, Current out!

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It is now. But only a few minutes ago I got a chance to do the disable the enable web server. Restarted the program and it is working fine. Thanks for all the help. I would have never figured it out since it was not in my settings that I was very familiar with.
My best to all.

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well this is getting to be annoying. Now remote viewing works for 5 minutes then not. With no changes on my end.
Switching enable web sever of and back on gets it working again but for a short period.
What is going on?

SLC

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well this is getting to be annoying. Now remote viewing works for 5 minutes then not. With no changes on my end.
Switching enable web sever of and back on gets it working again but for a short period.
What is going on?
Having the same issue but with only 2 of my cameras. The live view jumps about every 5 seconds and dropped down to .8 fps. The playback on clips is very choppy as well.

Eddie Current

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just wanted to chime in here, the Linksys CM3008 modem is a nice little modem and the Nighthawk X6 R8000 a fantastic wireless router. With that said, I would not recommend running your cameras (more then 1-2) though a modem or a wireless router, a switch would be the preferred device (3 or more) IMHO. I personally wont use wireless/router anymore in any systems I design for home use (unless your in an apartment or small single level condo). We are getting way more wireless devices in our homes that the cable/ISPs ever thought possible at this point and time. If you have wireless cameras, its only going to be more demanding on your system, so please consider the equipment you choose wisely.

These are Just example schemes you could configure with this equipment combo.

Modem->Router->Switch (POE)->Cameras
.................................|->Access Point(a) (AP) (Wireless Cameras) or (All wireless)
.................................|->Computer-A (BlueIris)
.................................|->Computer-B (Gamer Box)

Or

................|->Computer-A (BlueIris)
................|->Access Point(a) (AP) (Wireless Cameras) or (All wireless)
................|->Computer-B (Gamer Box)

Or

.................................|->Computer-A (BlueIris)
.................................|->Access Point(a) (AP) (Wireless Cameras only)
................|->Access Point(b) (AP) (All wireless devices (Acc. cameras)
................|->Computer-B (Gamer Box)

Also check out the Ubiquiti line-up of gear here: Ubiquiti Networks - Wireless networking products for broadband and enterprise The UniFi AC Lite APs (300 Mbps) work way better than my ASUS RT-AC3200 IMHO. I can game off of it and its like being wired. If you have a ultra-high speed connection, you will want to match an appropriate AP (UAP‑AC‑HD can handle 800 Mbps).

I am currently learning how to set-up a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter and am really impressed, but it does come with a steep learning curve. However they are good quality devices that have great throughput, security and VPN technology built in.

You can check out these YouTube links:

Port Forwarding Explained:

Ubiquiti Access Points Explained

EdgeRouter:

Last edited:

David Morcos

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Philip & Eddie, thanks guys. One I will need the time to consider. The other I will have to look at later tonight regarding the last 2 updates (link).