Boat Prowler on camera

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Cameras caught a boat prowler checking neighbors and my boat. Trying to figure out if he was interested in the motor or maybe fishing gear or ski equipment. He didn't pull anything except the bungy cords that hold the tarp down. He better hope I don't see him again.
His vehicle had license plates pulled off and he made a couple rounds checking to see if coast was clear. If you can identify the car in the video, please let me know. Not sure what kind it is and would like to give crime check the info with the DVD video.

Last edited:

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Car may be a 2000-2009 volvo s60..
Fenderman, you have a good eye. On one of the videos where the guy turned his lights off, I could see the Volvo grill very faintly. My Huisun 10x PTZ cam has been defocusing at night so I didn't get a clear shot. I looked thru before & after the fact cam videos to see if this guy happen to do a day time drive by with his plates on and sure enough I saw that Volvo that the camera captured. I am presently viewing the saved videos to locate the Volvo car again and send it to the police. Wish there was a faster way to scan videos files, though I will speed the videos up during viewing.
Thanks much sir, you confirmed my feelings on the car and given also a possible model. Your a a great help!
volvo-s60-2000-2009-1481643694.94.jpg
I installed Dahua 7-35 IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 to start grabbing accurate plate views. (still tuning)

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Fenderman, you have a good eye. On one of the videos where the guy turned his lights off, I could see the Volvo grill very faintly. My Huisun 10x PTZ cam has been defocusing at night so I didn't get a clear shot. I looked thru before & after the fact cam videos to see if this guy happen to do a day time drive by with his plates on and sure enough I saw that Volvo that the camera captured. I am presently viewing the saved videos to locate the Volvo car again and send it to the police. Wish there was a faster way to scan videos files, though I will speed the videos up during viewing.
Thanks much sir, you confirmed my feelings on the car and given also a possible model. Your a a great help!
View attachment 22301
I installed Dahua 7-35 IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 to start grabbing accurate plate views. (still tuning)
You can play back at 256x..or scrub the timeline..

Bradmph

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good luck getting the cops out, but he did climb into the boat a cross the street, maybe he left finger prints?
For a person to come out and take prints would be very hard. It seems lately that car theft or thieves have free access to this now. It is rare for an officer to show up on stolen items from a car. This all seems strange to me since today an officer killed a would-be thief right in our Wall-Mart parking lot as he tried to steal a car.
I now take a pistol in a holster for defense only, as well as wrist-rocket sling shot/Marbles or a claw hammer. I can usually tell the scenario by watching the thieve approaching and get and idea if they are packing. This video was made while I was sleeping, but I am usually up watching over night and sleeping during the early daytime.