Boop by the mail lady

Firefighter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Camera is a shit 5-50 about 75% zoomed. 12fps. Aside from that, mail lady boops the trash can because it's in the way.
No damage but glad she didn't break an $80 trash can.

Distance from camera to Mailbox 120 ft

And the trash guy who didn't intentionally put it there.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Camera is a shit 5-50 about 75% zoomed. 12fps. Aside from that, mail lady boops the trash can because it's in the way.
No damage but glad she didn't break an $80 trash can.
Judging by her right front fender I'd say she's had more than just a few "run-in's" with trash cans (or sturdier, more stationary objects).

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That's one of the reasons why I never put my trash can on the same side of the driveway as the mailbox. Ultimately, the trash guy will block the mailbox, and the mail carrier will get pissed off and run over it.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
That reminds me of my mail carrier run in. Way before digital and IP cameras were a consumer thing...

I got a call from a neighbor telling me she thought the mail lady wen't 'postal' on my trash can. I called the local post office, and spoke with the postmaster there. I asked her if it was possible that her carrier ran over my can. She said the carrier was in and asked if I wanted to talk to her... I declined. The post master put me on hold, and when she returned, she said "your carrier said she did not hit any mailboxes". I then asked for the postmaster's email address and sent her the link above. First words out of the carrier's mouth after being confronted with the video was "I want my union rep." The postmaster transferred her out of her office - not because of what she did to my can, but because she lied to her.

It's a tough job, and they face a lot of pressure. Still, there's no telling what's behind (or in) the can. A kid? An animal? Something of value? One of my neighbors suggested setting up my trashcan, but fill it to the brim with concrete - rather than call to report it. That would have been fun to watch.

FWIW, my can was on the opposite side of the driveway, and not on the street when I left it full that morning. Trash crews emptied it and left it in front of the box.

Keyboard

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
That reminds me of my mail carrier run in. Way before digital and IP cameras were a consumer thing...

I got a call from a neighbor telling me she thought the mail lady wen't 'postal' on my trash can. I called the local post office, and spoke with the postmaster there. I asked her if it was possible that her carrier ran over my can. She said the carrier was in and asked if I wanted to talk to her... I declined. The post master put me on hold, and when she returned, she said "your carrier said she did not hit any mailboxes". I then asked for the postmaster's email address and sent her the link above. First words out of the carrier's mouth after being confronted with the video was "I want my union rep." The postmaster transferred her out of her office - not because of what she did to my can, but because she lied to her.

It's a tough job, and they face a lot of pressure. Still, there's no telling what's behind (or in) the can. A kid? An animal? Something of value? One of my neighbors suggested setting up my trashcan, but fill it to the brim with concrete - rather than call to report it. That would have been fun to watch.

FWIW, my can was on the opposite side of the driveway, and not on the street when I left it full that morning. Trash crews emptied it and left it in front of the box.
WOW! The comments posted on your video are unbelievable! There are a lot of mean, nasty people out there.

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
WOW! The comments posted on your video are unbelievable! There are a lot of mean, nasty people out there.
Youtube has certainly changed a bit in that timespan, but some of those comments made me think of this:
Yes, they were harsh, but you also have to keep in mind that shortly after this event, the postal employee's union featured my video on their webpage as an example of why carriers ought to be aware of cameras on homes. It clearly triggered a few employees.

I wasn't bitter at the carrier. I just felt the driving presented a real risk to residents and property - and it should be at least brought to the attention of the people who might get it changed.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For the record I've had trash companies leave the cans right in front of the mailbox or blocking the driveway many times