Bosch cameras with TrendNET NVR

saltyy

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought some Bosch cameras to go with my current TrendNET NVR, but the NVR can't find the cameras. I tried manually setting the cameras to Bosch and tried Plug and Play but it keeps saying that the network is unreachable. Anyone else have this issue?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
it keeps saying that the network is unreachable
It sounds like you need to match up the IP addresses configured on the cameras to that set in the NVR channels you will be connecting them to (if it's an NVR with PoE ports), or to the IP address range of the LAN that the NVR is connected to.
The error message suggests they are set to different IP address ranges.

saltyy

n3wb
Reaction score
It sounds like you need to match up the IP addresses configured on the cameras to that set in the NVR channels you will be connecting them to (if it's an NVR with PoE ports), or to the IP address range of the LAN that the NVR is connected to.
The error message suggests they are set to different IP address ranges.
We tried manually changing the cameras to the default of the cameras 192.168.0.1 when switching it to Bosch, but that did not seem to work. Also, I'm not sure if the program would help anyway, but I downloaded the Bosch configuration manager but it crashes every time I open it. I didn't know if the cameras had static IPs that I would somehow need to change.
Shouldn't the NVR be assigning IP addresses to the camera?

saltyy

n3wb
Reaction score
We tried manually changing the cameras to the default of the cameras 192.168.0.1 when switching it to Bosch, but that did not seem to work. Also, I'm not sure if the program would help anyway, but I downloaded the Bosch configuration manager but it crashes every time I open it. I didn't know if the cameras had static IPs that I would somehow need to change.
Shouldn't the NVR be assigning IP addresses to the camera?
Okay I tried adjusting the range, now it just says "The network is unreachable"

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, some specifics would help, for example:
Are the cameras on the LAN or on PoE ports on the NVR?
What are the IP addresses of the cameras?
What are the IP addresses configured in the NVR for the cameras?
What is the IP address of the NVR - the internal address if you are using PoE ports on it, and the NVR LAN interface address?

saltyy

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, some specifics would help, for example:
Are the cameras on the LAN or on PoE ports on the NVR?
What are the IP addresses of the cameras?
What are the IP addresses configured in the NVR for the cameras?
What is the IP address of the NVR - the internal address if you are using PoE ports on it, and the NVR LAN interface address?
So, I just tried the other camera, and did a network scan and it was 192.168.0.1 and I set it up and it all worked fine. But when I plug the other camera in, it doesn't show on that network. Not sure what the issue is now..

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That's an address you'd traditionally associate with a gateway/router as opposed to a node on the network.
But when I plug the other camera in, it doesn't show on that network.
Hopefully not a duplicate IP address.
Any evidence of it in the router/gateway 'connected devices' list? (assuming it's on the LAN, not a PoE port on the NVR).

saltyy

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't know why they give the cameras that as a default. We had to factory reset the camera to get it to work, but everything is fine now. Thanks for the help. Switching the IP range was the first fix. The other camera not working is just what complicated this a lot more than it should have been.