Both ITL Pilots Asleep

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Well this could have ended very badly for lots of folks. Thankfully air control was able to regain contact with the ITL pilot!

Don’t mind me just taking a nap!

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Well this could have ended very badly for lots of folks. Thankfully air control was able to regain contact with the ITL pilot!

Wow...at first I thought this was a lead in to an old ethnic joke where a pilot had to make an emergency landing due to engine problems and had to land for the very first time at a particular airport. He landed, taxied to the operations building, went in to fill out some forms and the airport manager asked him about his rough landing and what did he think could have been done differently. The pilot piped up and said <insert English with accent of your choice here> "Hey, your runway here is extremely short but I think it's the widest I've ever seen !! " :lol:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Good Lord!
My wife's 2020 Fusion Platinum detects possible departure from the 'normal' roadway and will vibrate the steering wheel, sound a loud "ding!" and pop up a message on the dash suggesting the driver pull over and have a cup of coffee. Yes, I'm dead serious! And it costs a lot less than a commercial airliner! :cool:

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
Good Lord!
My wife's 2020 Fusion Platinum detects possible departure from the 'normal' roadway and will vibrate the steering wheel, sound a loud "ding!" and pop up a message on the dash suggesting the driver pull over and have a cup of coffee. Yes, I'm dead serious! And it costs a lot less than a commercial airliner! :cool:
All cars in Middle Tennessee have that feature built in. It comes from your car being on it's side in a 2 foot drop-off drainage ditch. They don't believe in making gradually sloping ditches around here. If you drive past the white line, there is no road shoulder. there is nothing but air space.Screen Shot 2022-05-31 at 6.56.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2022-05-31 at 6.59.09 PM.png

Last edited:

Old Timer

Known around here
Reaction score
Good Lord!
My 21 F150 will do this. It keeps telling you to keep hands on the wheel, then, If you don't keep it going down the road in your lane, it will tell you that you are tired, stop and take a rest before resuming. If you don't do anything, it will slowly slow down and stop all the while dinging and donging. I am sure I set off bells and whistles back at Ford while they were watching my data, but I did all sorts of things to see how it would react.

My 19 Acura will ding and ask you to put hands on the wheel, then if you don't, it will start slowing down. I never had a good chance to see what it will do beyond that.

Smilingreen

Known around here
Reaction score
My Audi A4 doesn't do that, but on occasion, it thinks it sees something in front of my car and will set off the dingers and slam on the brakes. It gets a good cussing out every-time it does that.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Our fairly new Subaru did that once, with a clear road in front. Good way to get rear-ended.
The '20 Fusion also has the adaptive cruise so it will maintain an adjustable 1 to 4 car lengths from the car in front of you. It will also actively brake, flash warning, beep, all kinds of crap. I turn it off, been driving 58 years without it and haven't rear-ended anyone yet. Of course, every day is a new day and I ain't no spring chicken. It took 55 years to total my first car on my first deer so anything is possible, I reckon. :idk: