Bricked DS-2CD2032F-I (V5.2.5 build 141201)

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Hoping someone can help me. I have 2 x DS-2CD2032F-I which were originally running firmware V5.2.5 build 141201. Purchased them 2 years ago from Aliexpress (Chinese hacked to english) and have been running fine since. The other day I had an urgent reason (security related) to update the firmware to at least v5.3 for some extra features and stupidly forgot to permanently change the region on the cameras before trying to upgrade. I tried to upgrade to whatever the latest firmware version is (from the European site) and the camera took the firmware fine (via the web browser), rebooted but then didn't come back on. Since then I've been trying to TFTP all sorts of different firmware versions on, both Chinese and English but to no avail, the TFTP process works fine but the camera doesn't come back on after reboot. The first part of the serial is DS-2CD2032F-I20150320CCCH and the firmware version on the camera that is still working shows as V5.2.5 build 141201. I've contacted the original seller on Aliexpress but they don't seem to think they have the original firmware at hand. Can anyone offer any help as to how I can obtain the correct firmware to get the camera back up and running? Or is it a case of something else has gone wrong and it wont matter which version I try to put on?

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
Seems like I spoke too soon. Took about 20 mins but the camera eventually came back on after trying a fw version from a topic on here

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I had an urgent reason (security related) to update the firmware to at least v5.3 for some extra features
Just in case you get stuck in the future, it might be useful to check out some brick-fix / update info here : Hikvision DS-2CD2x32-I (R0) brick-fix tool / full upgrade method / fixup roundup.

*edit*
the camera eventually came back on after trying a fw version from a topic on here
I'd guess this was the '@whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' ?

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd guess this was the '@whoslooking 5.3.0 to 5.2.5 downgrader' ?
Cheers for the info, I'll have a read shortly. I have 6 other 2cd2032's I purchased a few years back which were originally Chinese and I implemented some kind of permanent fix to change the region which means I can update those as normal with the EU firmware so hopefully the link you've quoted is the same thing since I can't remember how I did it.

I think the firmware I used was the downgrader, the custom one here Dropbox - Custom downgrader

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Don't just rush in upgrading the firmware, take a little time to understand what the base firmware was. This plays a big part in the upgrading process.

Brenning

n3wb
Reaction score
Don't just rush in upgrading the firmware, take a little time to understand what the base firmware was. This plays a big part in the upgrading process.
According to the sticker on the box (I don't have the one normally stuck to the camera any more) the original base firmware was V5.2.9_15309. The seller must have flashed the hacked V5.2.5 over the top of it to get the English menus etc. The feature I'm actually after is the EZVIZ cloud but I've just realised my other cameras which I mentioned in the first post are actually on 5.2.3 and work fine with EZVIZ so perhaps a downgrade is in order?