Bricked Hikvision NVR DS-7604

febeks

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

So I just bought a new NVR and I was very excited so I have decided to upgrade it. Downloaded firmware (now I know that I used firmware NI instead of N which caused bricked NVR) from hikvision.com and now, it is bricked=stuck at loading page and beeping for about 20 seconds and then it reboots and starts over.

I have tried to unbrick it using TFTP server tool but nothing happens when running this server. My IP was set to 192.0.0.128 and I tried to ping the NVR on 192.0.0.64 and it was alive. But TFTP still did not recover the NVR with my firmware file called digicap.dav. Some forums say file should be called digcap.dav but I tried both, digicap.dav and digcap.dav but none of them worked.

Another option which I didnt try yet is using UART connection like its described here UART connection to recover Hik cameras but thats what I want t to ask about because I am not sure if I can do it with this NVR and how. Any ideas someone?

I am experienced user and UART upgrade shouldnt be a problem for me. I have unbricked a router using UART connection just a couple days ago because I was stupid just like I was stupid right now with this NVR :D

Thanks for help

Last edited:

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
But TFTP still did not recover the NVR with my firmware file called digicap.dav.
If the Hikvision tftp updater was accessed by the NVR and transmitted the file, then all you need is the correct firmware.
The CN firmware from here will likely work (section 5), but you will then have CN menus : 海康威视是全球领先的以视频为核心的物联网解决方案提供商
It sounds like the (unspecified) firmware you downloaded was for an EN/ML NVR and you have a CN NVR.

If the tftp updater isn't working, then the serial console connection is the next option. A bit fiddly, basy enough to do.

Check your 'Conversations' for a solution.

febeks

n3wb
Reaction score
I might say it wrong. The tftp updater was not accessed by the NVR. SO it did not transmit a file at all. Did not connect.