Broadcasting through the house

Reaction score
I am getting a Hikvision system (6x poe cams & 8ch NVR).

What would be the easiest way to broadcast the live view (either 4 or 6 views) to 3x TV's throughout the house? Ideally easy to use for the wife, like just change channel on the TV.

Is there something that can cheaply and easily inject VGA output from the NVR to DAB Digital TV signals? Or else, a USB Android stick that can constantly run a program which is plugged into HDMI2 on every TV?

Thanks

sprucecams

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
FWIW, I use Blue Iris to pull together all the camera feeds. Then, quoting from an earlier post of mine, this is what I did:

I have two HDTVs (Sharp & Samsung) on which I wanted to be able to switch quickly to view my camera streams. After considering the suggestions in this and other threads, I decided to try a HDMI-to-Cat5e-to-HDMI converter to display the HDMI output of my NVR display (which is the BI host) on the TVs via Cat5e. I bought a dual stream unit for $93.30 from Monoprice: http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_i...seq=1&format=2

It works great. Now when I want to view the camera streams, I switch the TV over to the HDMI input where the downstream Cat5e-HDMI converter is connected and there they are. No LAN bandwidth issues and easy for the wife and kids to use. Highly recommended.

In view of the current limitations of so-called "smart" TVs, this seems a good way to go. Plus no LAN bandwidth concerns. As I understand them, the Android sticks are Wi-Fi only, which means they would have limited bandwidth for the video, plus they would take up potentially significant Wi-Fi BW.

HTH

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the easiest way is to use an analogue video output and input it into a simple RF Modulator onto an existing coaxial line on an unused cable or OTA TV Channel... but its going to be ~400 line SDTV.. if your wanting quick and easy awareness its not a bad option.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.