Broken Turret Glass - IPC-HDW5231R-Z

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HDW5231R-Z that has been damaged. The glass was impacted and shattered in the housing. Everything still works but isn't waterproof. I have since removed the camera and cleaned out the old glass. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement glass, best I can tell it measures 1.55" in diameter.

Attachments

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a IPC-HDW5231R-Z that has been damaged. The glass was impacted and shattered in the housing. Everything still works but isn't waterproof. I have since removed the camera and cleaned out the old glass. Does anyone know where I can find a replacement glass, best I can tell it measures 1.55" in diameter.
Any good local glass company should be able to help.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can find a replacement glass, best I can tell it measures 1.55" in diameter.
I had a similar situation that I fixed using 'flat mineral watch glass' that's available at low prices in many sizes.
Carefully fixed in with cyanoacrylate superglue - though some clear varnish may be better. Checked under a magnifier for full coverage so it remains waterproof.
Example : flat mineral watch glass | eBay

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

upstech76

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any good local glass company should be able to help.
I had thought about going this route but wasn't sure if they could cut such a small circle. Was going to check on Monday with a local place.

I had a similar situation that I fixed using 'flat mineral watch glass' that's available at low prices in many sizes.
Carefully fixed in with cyanoacrylate superglue - though some clear varnish may be better. Checked under a magnifier for full coverage so it remains waterproof.
Example : flat mineral watch glass | eBay
Thanks, for the search tip! I had tried searching ebay but could find anything, looks like I wasn't searching for the write item!

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.