Browser for iPhone

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good afternoon, and an early Happy New Year!
Could someone please recommend a good browser to use with my iPhone to access my Loryta/EmpireTech camer GUIs? I’m currently running IOS 15.7.2. I’ve tried Firefox, Safari, and Brave, but no luck. I originally thought it was because I had them set for Private mode, but even in regular mode, I cannot access the camera live view; it still shows I need to download the plug in. When I try to click, it just takes me to a 404 error page.
I would like to be able to access the view so I could make zoom and focus adjustments to my LPR camera. I would like to be able to move a vehicle around in the dark to make multiple adjustments without having to run back to my house or try and talk my wife through the process. Any suggestions for a browser would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Dont think you can.
The DMSS app will allow you to control a PTZ but no setting changes.

I always did it with a laptop on wifi if close enough. Otherwise you're gonna have to enlist some help to play target while you make adjustments at the computer

Last edited:

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Dont think you can.
The DMSS app will allow you to control a PTZ but no setting changes.

I always did it with a laptop on wifi if close enough. Otherwise you're gonna have to enlist some help to play tagret while you make adjustments at the computer
Yeah, I was afraid that was the case. I doubt my wifi will reach out to where the LPR is pointed. Guess I’m stuck with trying to have my wife on the phone while she moves the vehicle in different spots while I make the adjustments. I’m sure there will be a pool started with bets on the amount of time before I blow my temper lol.

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could use a VPN on your cellular phone or iPad. Then use tightvnc to log into your BI computer which has IE on it to log into your camera GUIs.

We use the inbound VPN on our UniFi CK1 and use tightvnc to access whichever computer I want to including the BI computer.
Thank you sir, I will look into that! Quick question; is that an app/program I would need to install on both my iPhone as well as my BI server?