BST Timezone on Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

Witt0

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi

I'm having a problem with the time being out by an hour since the clocks went forward here in the UK.

My setup is:

15 x DS-2CD2032-I (V5.2.5 build 141201 firmware)
1 x DS-2CD2732F-IS (V5.2.5 build 141201 firmware)

All recording at 1080p @ 15fps through to a QNAP NAS using Blue Iris latest version.

As we have to record directly to the NAS we can't use the timestamp from Blue Iris so we're using the one built into the camera, which is setup to use NTP so all the timestamps are pretty much aligned.

However, in the camera's system settings, there isn't an option for BST timezone, only GMT +0. Therefore now it's British summer time, I have to go into all 16 cameras and choose GMT +1 to make sure the time stamp is correct on all the recordings. I've set up the timesynctool service on the PC that BI is hosted on, but this still goes off whatever timezone is selected so isn't a fix.

Has anyone else had this issue? Have I missed something? Is there a solution?

Thanks

Kieran

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you connect to the cameras via a web browser, you can navigate to Configuration > Advanced Configuration > System > DST to configure DST settings on older firmware
Set the DST Bias to 60min and it should fix it for you. Obviously change the timezone back to GMT +0 first though

Witt0

n3wb
Reaction score
Doh! Why did I not notice that before! Thanks for the speedy response for a working solution.

badmannen

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
or you can use timeserver =) .. and that will solve it