Bue Iris PLayback

Simon Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
Democratik People's Republik of Massachusetts
I recently et up a Blue Iris server, and the web interface from other systems on my domestic area network and the wider internet work nicely. Is there a way in the web based BI software to do playback of an arbitrary time/date like there is in the Blue Iris software on the server. All I can find is navigation via clips. I record everything, since I am concerned about motion detection missing something and would like to do time/dat driving video playback via a remote system. Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I recently et up a Blue Iris server, and the web interface from other systems on my domestic area network and the wider internet work nicely. Is there a way in the web based BI software to do playback of an arbitrary time/date like there is in the Blue Iris software on the server. All I can find is navigation via clips. I record everything, since I am concerned about motion detection missing something and would like to do time/dat driving video playback via a remote system. Thanks.
You can filter clips or alerts by date on the top left.

Simon Dog

n3wb
Reaction score
Democratik People's Republik of Massachusetts
I am aware of filtering clips and alerts, but say I have it set to continuous record, nothing alterted, and I want to look at a particular time/date. The native client has a nice browse feature - is there any way to do that directly in BI via the web?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am aware of filtering clips and alerts, but say I have it set to continuous record, nothing alterted, and I want to look at a particular time/date. The native client has a nice browse feature - is there any way to do that directly in BI via the web?
Continuous recording does not preclude alerts. Most folks who record continuously still want motion alerts. You cannot to it in UI3 however if you use alerts or set your clips to one an hour its easy to find any time. You can purchase another copy of BI at a discount from the developer and run it as a full client using the remote feature.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I record my clips at 1 hour intervals or 3 GB which ever comers first, really big clips (over 4 GB) have cause some problems for me. In UI3 on the top click the clip tab. then you can use the slider to move back and forth. The only place I have seen any problems is on the most current clip, as the clip is still growing, it may have a problem finding the end.