Bug when exporting Camera settings?

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Could you see if this is a bug that happens to you too? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

But before I describe the bug, I think I better describe the entire situation that led to the discovery of the bug. So please bear with me, it's a bit wordy. I'm a new user of BI, so probably there are better ways of doing what I tried to do.

Please let me know what you think.
Cheers.

Here goes the description of the situation:

- I have 3 identical cameras (D-Link DCS932L). All of them work fine.

- They are all situated indoors

- I created an overall schedule that I call "Normal Week". In this schedule, I wanted recording in all three cameras to happen every night during Midnight to 6am, every day of the week including Sat and Sun. I also wanted recording in all three cameras during the period 11am to 7pm but only during Mon to Fri (my working hours). On Saturday and Sunday I don't need recording during the day, so just during the night as mentioned before from Midnight to 6am.

- I have configured each camera identically. They use 2 profiles. The first profile (which I call "Watch Only") has NO MOTION TRIGGERING but the second profile (which I call "Watch and Record") HAS MOTION TRIGGERING activated.

- Then in the overall Schedule, I painted Profile #2 ("Watch and Record") over the hours midnight to 6am on each of the seven days of the week. I also painted Profile #2 over the hours 11am to 7pm. The rest of the schedule is painted with Profile #1("Watch Only").

It all works nicely (I only have 2 days of testing on this but so far, so good).

I did some adjustments to the motion sensing sensitivity and object detection. I put the same adjustment in all cameras for now, as the cameras are identical. But I may tweak them later because the light conditions are a bit different for each camera depending where I situated them. Anyways, so far, all is good.

I also set the recording tab for each camera identically, with pre-trigger video buffer of 2 seconds, as I wanted to see in each recorded clip exactly what triggered the motion sensor. I also put 20 MB of receive buffer in the network configuration of all of them (NOT SURE IF 20 MB IS ENOUGH BUT IT SEEMS TO WORK).

Discovering the Bug

Now, having done all the above settings etc., I thought it was a good idea to "Export" all the settings in case I screw something... here is where the bug comes:

First, I don't know if the "EXPORT" options from the overall settings also exports each camera's settings. So I decided to do all the exports, one from the overall settings dialogue, and then one export from each camera settings dialogue.

I saved the exports and it all seemed good. BUT, WHEN I WENT AGAIN TO CHECK SOMETHING IN THE SETTINGS OF ONE OF THE CAMERAS, I noticed that in the "Trigger" tab, when I switched to Profile# 2, the little checkbox for MOTION SENSING was somehow unchecked.....GEEZ, I wasn't sure what was happening....so I went to check the other two cameras, and FOUND THE SAME THING, I.E. THE SECOND PROFILE, ON THE TRIGGER TAB, HAD LOST THE MOTION SENSING CHECK MARK.

The only thing that I had done out of the ordinary was the "EXPORT" thing... so I tried to reproduce the bug, here are the steps:

- Select one camera
- Go to the camera properties
- Go to the Trigger tab
- Select Profile #1 (which has NO MARK ON THE MOTION SENSING checkbox because profile #1 is used for just watching without recording).
- Don't close the settings dialog box yet and go back to tab General
- Do the export
- Close the settings dialog
- Go ahead and open again the camera properties, go to the Trigger tab, with Profile #1 selected (no motion sensing, so the check box is unmarked) ---Change now to Profile #2 which was supposed to have the have the motion sensing check box marked BUT IT DOESN'T HAVE IT. Somehow, it is lost.

I did the same steps, but left the Trigger tab with the Profile #2 selected (which has the motion sensing box MARKED) and then did the export. This time, the setting is preserved.

I haven't tested to see what happens with the other profiles #3 and onward.

----end of the lengthy description-----

Reaction score
Just to let you know that Ken from BlueIris support told me on Feb 8 that he isolated the issue and was going to include the fix in the next release.

The latest update to BlueIris 4 came on Feb 10, 2017 as Release 4.5.0.3.

I just did some testing (I use the x64 version of BlueIris) and found that the issue DOES NOT HAPPEN ANYMORE from what I can tell.

So thanks to Ken for the quick and effective fix!

Reaction score
hmmm... unfortunately, tonight when backing up the configuration of each camera, I found the issue again.... Need to reproduce it so I can report it to Ken with the exact steps.