BUI3 Settings (time out) I know I read this somewhere

Reaction score
I searched on UIs and settings to no avail. And the Sticky is over 50 pages.

There was a way to get the timeout setting to stick at "Never". Mine reverts to "10" after new boots. Can someone please remind how to fix this?

Thanks,

Regards,

Dewey

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
Open the settings, three vertical dots in the upper right corner. Click UI settings, the top selection. Fourth item down, "The UI will close in this many minutes of inactivity". Enter 0 (zero). The UI will, or should, remember the setting. This is all assuming, and we know what that can do, that you're talking about UI3.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Pretty much all UI3 settings (including that one) are remembered in the browser's "local storage", so it is not shared with other computers or even with other browsers on the same computer. It must be set in each browser on each device you use.

That said, if UI3's settings are regularly returning to defaults, then the most likely cause is overly aggressive privacy/security settings (maybe from a browser extension) wiping your site data regularly.

Reaction score
Ah hah! Thank you BP. That is exactly what was happening. Sorry for the delay, but Life.....