Bulkhead cable glands

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
For my hobby cameras in the back yard, I was considering these bulk head glands and passthrough because I could take cameras up and down, swap them out and pull off the cable on a whim. But at $20 per cable end, they are getting expensive.

Does any one else use these? Or should I just use RJ45 passthrough connectors inside the box on the pole, and pass all 4 cables through a cable gland, covering the other end of the cable if I decide not to use it for a while? I’m using outdoor rated burial cable between a project box at the bottom of the pole and the cameras in the top of the pole. Cables tacked to the north side of the pole.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi @TonyR

You are the provider of the CAT6 Cable Side Waterproof Cable Gland on Amazon (13.48) and the I don't see the CAT 6 RJ45 Shielded Industrial Panel Mount Bulkhead Female/Female Feed Thru Coupler ($10.99) on your website.

I'm indifferent about saving the 73 cents direct from your website vs ordering from you on Amazon as I only only need 4 total...but do you have a solution on your website allowing me to have individual, removable cables like this from my outdoor project box what will maintain waterproofing while connected or disconnected for less than $24.00 a coupling?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @TonyR

You are the provider of the CAT6 Cable Side Waterproof Cable Gland on Amazon (13.48) and the I don't see the CAT 6 RJ45 Shielded Industrial Panel Mount Bulkhead Female/Female Feed Thru Coupler ($10.99) on your website.

I'm indifferent about saving the 73 cents direct from your website vs ordering from you on Amazon as I only only need 4 total...but do you have a solution on your website allowing me to have individual, removable cables like this from my outdoor project box what will maintain waterproofing while connected or disconnected for less than $24.00 a coupling?
I'm not a provider and it's not my website...I'm just a lowly forum member.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Gotcha. The way I read your reply was that it was your website.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
For my hobby cameras in the back yard, I was considering these bulk head glands and passthrough because I could take cameras up and down, swap them out and pull off the cable on a whim. But at $20 per cable end, they are getting expensive.

Does any one else use these? Or should I just use RJ45 passthrough connectors inside the box on the pole, and pass all 4 cables through a cable gland, covering the other end of the cable if I decide not to use it for a while? I’m using outdoor rated burial cable between a project box at the bottom of the pole and the cameras in the top of the pole. Cables tacked to the north side of the pole.

I added this box to my AndyCam test rig, maybe this would work for you.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FY224LW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1