Button to snooze alerts ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m looking for a external method to snooze the camera alerts, yes I can easily do it on my phone but lots of other people in the house ( old relatives and children ) wouldn’t have a clue how to do this, so I was either looking for a external button or idea as to how I might go about doing this ?

I’m sure I can’t be the only one who wants a really easy method to snooze camera alerts as you can end up with 50 alerts when the kids decide to play around outside the front door or under a camera near the shed in the back garden..if there was an easy method even the very young or very old could use they could press a button or maybe even an Alexa skill to snooze alerts ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
all you need to do is set up a profile.Do it on your phone. How are the other people in the house even getting alerts ?

lucky13

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
all you need to do is set up a profile.Do it on your phone. How are the other people in the house even getting alerts ?
Thanks Fenderman

How would a profile help ?

There is an iPad that plays an audio alert though a speaker to let people know the cameras have detected movement.

If they could press a button or ask Alexa to snooze alerts then I also wouldn’t end up with 50 alerts or do when I come back from lunch, they could hit snooze before going to the shed or something similar if a delivery man makes 6 journeys in and out with the shopping.

Hit snooze 1hr later all clear

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
How would a profile help ?
Profiles let you setup your cameras to act differently. For example, when I have my Blue Iris set to Profile 1, all of my cameras will send me an alert when triggered. When I set Blue Iris to Profile 2, they will NOT send alerts when triggered... so if I'm going to be outside mowing the yard (which causes a lot of triggers), I set Blue Iris to Profile 2. I also have Profile 2 set to only hold for 120 minutes, after which Blue Iris automatically switches itself back to Profile 1.

Also, it looks like you can use Alexa to set profiles, but it's kinda weird... looks like you'd have to say "Hey Alexa, Set Blue Iris to 20%" if you wanted Alexa to switch Blue Iris to Profile 2.