[Buy Advice] IP IR Night Vision for Outdoor - around 100$-150$

DarkRidder

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello folks, new guy here.

I'm in the market for an IP Camera that works well under low light conditions (0.1-0.01 lux) with decent resolution and about 50m range if possible (from the IR too). What do you advise for this?

The budget is 100-150$ and must be buy-able from Europe.

Best regards,

DarkRidder

n3wb
Reaction score
It is essencially for suverillance on a farm. At night, the best that I've seen can do 50m (this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hikvision-DS-2CD2232-I5-3MP-1080P-EXIR-Bullet-IR-PoE-CCTV-IP-Camera-6mm-lens-/331604159716?hash=item4d3525ece4 ), but I guess that it is hard to find similar ones.

I just need to see how things are at my farm, and if someone invades it (and possibly need a clear image for further face recognition).

If possible, the camera should have a moveable head and wifi.

What are my options?

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
It is essencially for suverillance on a farm. At night, the best that I've seen can do 50m (this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hikvision-DS-2CD2232-I5-3MP-1080P-EXIR-Bullet-IR-PoE-CCTV-IP-Camera-6mm-lens-/331604159716?hash=item4d3525ece4 ), but I guess that it is hard to find similar ones.

I just need to see how things are at my farm, and if someone invades it (and possibly need a clear image for further face recognition).

If possible, the camera should have a moveable head and wifi.

What are my options?
That is a good camera, but no way you are going to see 50m at night....even during the day, you might be able to see something is there but not face recognition. Forget about wifi - unless you use ubiquiti nanostations or somthing similar...and forget about PTZ on your budget

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have one of these 2MP PTZ Cameras, there's a video on the link. I think fully zoomed in it's 40mm? Either way it can do 50m no problems but costs more than a regular camera. Also notice from the video how zooming in from far away seriously narrows the field of view (I know obvious but I didn't realise how much until I got one!).

Not sure if you can get a regular camera with >12mm lens? I've only seen 12mm but like fenderman says, even a 12mm DS-2CD2232-i5 isn't going to cut it at 50m.