Buyer beware…

phatblack

n3wb
Reaction score

This is one of the worst companies ever experienced. Their basic support team is woefully incompetent etc. and the products unstable. I purchased an NVR and 18 cameras in 2019. It was sporadic at best from day 1. Instead of noting my account and replacing the system I have called tech support 40+ times from 2019 to now. They don’t have a notes system for customer issues. No one solved the problem expeditiously. After years wasted I finally replaced one camera and the NVR was properly set up a few days ago. Tier 3 support hung up on on me without incident during one call and left for the weekend with my system totally disabled. Then they blocked my phone since I asked for a supervisor. The RMA process for the 1 camera was beyond horrendous etc.

Doug2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I also have had 2 poor experiences: one with SCW cameras (N.C) who absolutely lied when they knowingly sold me an "LPR" camera that was ineffective and they knew the camera was a lie. In addition they lied about the existence of internal software and a 3rd party "Shield" software program that would retrieve the stored camera data. Their website did a lot of virtue signaling and fooled me completely. They did refund my purchase, but they are dirty to the core. The other company CCTVCameraPros, sent me 2, 8 channel Viewtrons with two time consuming attempts: one Viewtron failed in 3 hours and the other within 48 hrs. They did refund my purchase price. I told them that they seemed to fail when zooming in on LPR captures, they bluescreened and their response was "crickets." Again I thought this Veteran led company was virtuous, I lost all respect when a partner called to see if I would change my rating from 1 star to higher stars. They did give a refund, but caused me a lot of anguish. I don't know what these people think, and the IPCamTalk Store on my 4th try sold me a system that worked. As for Nelley's, which operate in the Tulsa area, I can't figure them out. Every time I have called over past 3 months (4times) I get a different story. When I needed equipment, they claim they only sell service. When I called and requested service, they claimed they sold equipment. Once their phone answered with BackSpace Systems or something similar. I don't know if they know what they are going to be when they grow up. I'm getting very distrustful of this industry, particularly the Virtue Signalers.
Caveat Emptor, Doug, Old nearly irrelevant Attorney and Vet with one foot in the grave and an energetic beautiful blonde young wife who carries my will in her glovebox.