buying BI from amazon or their website directly

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All,

I maybe going the BI route, instead of NVR so trying to price out the needed items.

I see amazon sells for $45 versus $60 at BI website.

am I getting the same exact product from amazon or do I need to get it from BI website ?

thanks !!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello All,

I maybe going the BI route, instead of NVR so trying to price out the needed items.

I see amazon sells for $45 versus $60 at BI website.

am I getting the same exact product from amazon or do I need to get it from BI website ?

thanks !!
its the same product but you are supporting amcrest which is run by the same folks who screwed alot of foscam owners....
also when you buy from third party sellers you risk this happening...Blue Iris keeps forgetting license
blue iris is developed by a single person...most here buy direct to support the developer.

xmfan

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, fenderman. great to know the background. I am all about supporting the developer.

I bought several, very useful programs that were created and developed by small companies. I will get it directly from the BI website

Secured

n3wb
Reaction score
Curious why the developer have resellers when they undercut his prices.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What fenderman said. I got screwed. Luckily eBay refunded me. I did have another license from bi directly. I bought one from eBay as well for a test PC and boy was it not worth the $46. Glad I got refund. Support the developer. Pay the $60.
If you had emailed BI, they would have sold 2nd license to you for $30 I believe.