Buying from Andy's AliExpress store

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm seriously tempted to buy some cameras from Andy's Empire Technology store on AliExpress but having never bought from China before, I would appreciate some pointers.

DELIVERED PRICE
Unspecified import duty and taxes have to be paid to bring his stuff in. Any idea how much, typically, these on-costs are? Can Andy minimise them by describing the consignment as a cheap gift?

DELIVERY
He quotes 20-30 days to deliver. Is this about right?

SERVICE
From what I have read Andy gives a first-class service and seems to have a 100% positive feedback. Or has anyone had a bad experience?

REPAIRS/WARRANTY CLAIMS
In case of issues, must cameras be shipped back to Andy, and if so, what might that cost? How long can repairs take? Is there any point trying to get warranty repairs from a Dahua distributor in this country?

PRODUCTS
Are all Andy's products OEM versions? Are they different in any way from the branded products?

PRICE
Is Andy the cheapest out there?

Thanks!

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
email him directly, it's in the signature of his posts.

He'll quote you a cheaper price over email, cutting out the % that aliexpress would normally take. Also will likely include free express shipping, you'll receive the cameras in 2-4 days instead of 20+. He puts something cheap on the customs form (like LED lights $18 value). I paid $25 duty to DHL when the cameras showed up, but that could just be a Canada thing, not sure about England.

That's what I did last year. Paid him through paypal on a Thursday, which he would have received Friday morning his time. My cameras showed up the following Tuesday.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm seriously tempted to buy some cameras from Andy's Empire Technology store on AliExpress but having never bought from China before, I would appreciate some pointers.

DELIVERED PRICE
Unspecified import duty and taxes have to be paid to bring his stuff in. Any idea how much, typically, these on-costs are? Can Andy minimise them by describing the consignment as a cheap gift?

DELIVERY
He quotes 20-30 days to deliver. Is this about right?

SERVICE
From what I have read Andy gives a first-class service and seems to have a 100% positive feedback. Or has anyone had a bad experience?

REPAIRS/WARRANTY CLAIMS
In case of issues, must cameras be shipped back to Andy, and if so, what might that cost? How long can repairs take? Is there any point trying to get warranty repairs from a Dahua distributor in this country?

PRODUCTS
Are all Andy's products OEM versions? Are they different in any way from the branded products?

PRICE
Is Andy the cheapest out there?

Thanks!
Hi @ipOsX

Do feel free to check out the various posts on Andy's service.

Remember most of us recommend him due to the value and quality of service. ( I've purchased from numerous vendors from China and the USA and as a result I recommend only purchasing from vendors others here will recommend )

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I paid with paypal. I ordered via email. Fast delivery. I have not had to use any support services. His cameras are up-gradable. He provides the upgrade software when it is available. It is simple, secure, fast.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine arrived within a week to the UK. I messaged him via the forums, paid via PayPal and he included delivery and took care of any duty payments that might arise.

I’m waiting for the new 4Mp cams to settle down in terms of SmartIR and will order a few to upgrade some of my 2Mp Starlight cams.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine arrived within a week to the UK. I messaged him via the forums, paid via PayPal and he included delivery and took care of any duty payments that might arise.

I’m waiting for the new 4Mp cams to settle down in terms of SmartIR and will order a few to upgrade some of my 2Mp Starlight cams.
Nothing more to pay sounds good to me… Did you receive unbranded OEM cameras?

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes. They are unbranded Dahua, no different than branded ones. They work perfectly, and are updatable.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I agree with all the above. I am in the Los Angeles area and I get the cameras in 5 days or less. Excellent service and I have not had a bad camera yet. I would estimate I have purchased over 10 cameras from Andy.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I agree with all the above. I am in the Los Angeles area and I get the cameras in 5 days or less. Excellent service and I have not had a bad camera yet. I would estimate I have purchased over 10 cameras from Andy.
Andy says in his blurb that every camera is tested before it is despatched. Does that mean that every camera arrives as an "open box"? And if so, have you ever suspected that any of your cameras hasn't been brand new on arrival?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve bought two: one from him directly here and then another from his Amazon store. Very happy with both purchases and am about to make another one. Glad I found my new camera guy.

My two cams from him say “Dahua” on them as well.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
Andy says in his blurb that every camera is tested before it is despatched. Does that mean that every camera arrives as an "open box"? And if so, have you ever suspected that any of your cameras hasn't been brand new on arrival?
I have seen no indication that the cameras were anything but new.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have seen no indication that the cameras were anything but new.

ThomasPI

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy ROCKS, 5 cameras shipped from Hong Kong and on my desk in FL in 36 hours and no issues. 11 more to go! OP now you need a Windows 10 machine.’

Last edited: