Buying quality cameras makes a difference.

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Here's a video from last fall, when some guys were going through cars in the neighborhood. The police finally identified the guys in the video and just last week, I received my court summons to help prosecute these fine upstanding citizens. They will more than likely get off with a warning or probation, but I'm going to do my part and take off work to make sure it's on their records

Never mind the trained attack Lab, he was just staling them until the cops arrived..... lol.

Also loved the part in the video where the guy notices the camera and decides to just duck his head down. Too late Buddy!!!!

I would love to say this was recorded using a Huisun 10X PTZ camera (which I do own), however this was recorded using an ole faithful Hikvision minidome.

Lesson Learned: Lock your vehicle doors!

Dodutils

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The guy used its T-Shirt to open the door without fingerprints but not after when searching inside the car ?!

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Was this a 3mp? I'm taking a similar route I'll be putting a few ultra Starlight's outside, and regular Starlight's inside

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Was this a 3mp? I'm taking a similar route I'll be putting a few ultra Starlight's outside, and regular Starlight's inside

Yes 3mp Hikvision. I sure do want a Starlight camera as well to replace my Huisun 10x PTZ. The Huisun is not reliable enough to count on for security.

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

The guy used its T-Shirt to open the door without fingerprints but not after when searching inside the car ?!
Not the brightest, but they have no fear. Even after knowing they were being recorded, they didn't leave right away.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes 3mp Hikvision. I sure do want a Starlight camera as well to replace my Huisun 10x PTZ. The Huisun is not reliable enough to count on for security.
Nope, also, you said til the cops arrived, did you hold these hoodlums at gun point or the cops just showed?

gamer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Nope, also, you said til the cops arrived, did you hold these hoodlums at gun point or the cops just showed?
Sorry I was joking about my sorry watch dog....Everyone says a Lab is the best dog to get for the home. Excellent greeter! I didn't know that someone went through my truck until my neighbor asked for me to check cars in our subdivision.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sorry I was joking about my sorry watch dog....Everyone says a Lab is the best dog to get for the home. Excellent greeter! I didn't know that someone went through my truck until my neighbor asked for me to check cars in our subdivision.
It didn't even look like he barked at them, just wagged his tail :)
But my little dog would either bark or run away ;)

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I love labs but they chew the shit outta everything for 3 years and are not always protective enough as you know.

If you want a good large family friendly guard dog getta Pyrenees, if thats too large get a mix breed.. ours is half aussie and half pyrenees and topped out at a mere ~110lbs heh.

He'll take abuse from his Alpha and still not stop barking at a stranger on his territory.. if a service guy is over be prepared to listen to him bark from the bedroom for hours non-stop; he wont listen to shut the fuck up commands at that point.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Mine is a bull terrier, not huge and loves us to death but he will try to murder just about anyone that isn't us, hell, he goes nuts if he even sees other animals on TV, we have a hell of a time watching anything with dogs, horses, etc. Haha.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
mine's loud enough I start a feedback loop with the audio on my cameras.. he barks, a second later hears his bark, barks again.. repeat til someone mutes the damn cameras.. dont matter what camera, they can all pick him up.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
mine's loud enough I start a feedback loop with the audio on my cameras.. he barks, a second later hears his bark, barks again.. repeat til someone mutes the damn cameras.. dont matter what camera, they can all pick him up.
living security, FTW. the cams might get false motion positives and crap, the dogs will not make the same mistake. :)

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I sense another automation project in the works... :)

Fastb

Known around here
Reaction score
Automation project: Automatic Remote mute feature... Triggered by local loud audio (dog). Mutes speaker output for 10 seconds....:p

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
i been thinking of designing a little box with an inflatable batter inside, take your spare keyfob.. put it inside, use some form of temporary adhesive to attach a nipple to the lock button... close the box and then put a small air pump on a timer to run for a few moments every day at like 11pm.. the pressure should press the lock button without needing to hack your fob apart.

automatic door locking, could make it a kickstarter and break the internet :p

why they dont have this feature on newer cars baffles me, fuck locking/locking/starting my car from an app.. why dont I set a time on the dashboard to auto-lock the car every night at a certain time if the keys are not inside... now that'd save me from rounding up all the fobs and making sure they are locked every night.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You're missing a step: put your key fobs in a Faraday Cage.

randytsuch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So you guys really don't lock your cars when you get out of them?
I get out of the car, I push the fob button to lock it, always.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
yeah but kids and wives and others getting things out of the car is the main issues.. shit happens.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
or you leave the fob in your pocket and the button gets pressed accidentally at some point.