bvr file converter or player?

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi all, has anybody found a way to play the bvr files. I have them go to dropbox and cannot play them on my device. I tried changing the extension to avi, mp4. They play ok with BI but would like to play them from dropbox. Any ideas? Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi all, has anybody found a way to play the bvr files. I have them go to dropbox and cannot play them on my device. I tried changing the extension to avi, mp4. They play ok with BI but would like to play them from dropbox. Any ideas? Thanks
I am not aware of any player that can play back bvr. Out of curiosity why are you playing back your video from dropbox? Why not use blue iris?

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just have it as a backup. I can see the bvr files and if i change the extension, it will even show the pic but won't play. I know bi will send out mp4 files via email but was just wondering.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I just have it as a backup. I can see the bvr files and if i change the extension, it will even show the pic but won't play. I know bi will send out mp4 files via email but was just wondering.
If you even need to use the backup, simply install the blue iris demo or the licensed version and play it back.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have the app but when select the 'open with' it just says 'cant open' please download app that can open. I must be missing something

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that works I am talking about playing a file from dropbox on a mobile device

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes that works I am talking about playing a file from dropbox on a mobile device
If you feel that is important you will need to use mp4 for recording. I have never encountered a scenario where that would be necessary.

ipcamdude22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes I guess so, i was thinking if you didnthave remote access but had dropbox access on your mobile device and wanted to view a clip.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes I guess so, i was thinking if you didnthave remote access but had dropbox access on your mobile device and wanted to view a clip.
the benefits of bvr outweigh that slight possibility.

DigitalPackrat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Media Player Classic Home Cenema (MPCHC) 1.7.10 has limited support for playback. Basically the BVR file will play but seek doesn't work and fast forward locks it up.