mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
1621831592823.png

1621831192078.png
1621831293111.png

David Chiu
@DavidChiu

I deleted an earlier tweet that misidentified a Glock 19 air pistol. While not a semi-automatic, it's still disturbing to see remnants of a weapon that can cause injury, especially in an area where young kids play and while we are dealing with a surge of gun violence in SF.
2:23 PM · May 23, 2021

1621831375436.png

1621831394689.png
1621831430824.png

1621831510631.png

1621831527504.png

1621831637132.png

California Legislator Thinks BB Gun is REAL FIREARM

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
All these degrees, and clearly David Sen-Fu Chiu is clearly an idiot when it comes to firearms...

David Sen-Fu Chiu is an American politician currently serving in the California State Assembly. He is a Democrat representing the 17th Assembly District, which encompasses the eastern half of San Francisco. Wikipedia
Born: April 2, 1970 (age 51 years), Cleveland, OH
Nationality: American
Spouse: Candace Chen (m. 2013)
Office: California State Assembly member since 2014
Marriage location: San Francisco, CA
Education: Harvard Law School, Harvard College, Harvard Kennedy School, Boston College High School

1621831905529.png

srvfan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Holy crap, if I go buy a water gun, will that be considered a weapon of mass destruction?? Typical California DA (and I don’t mean district attorney) politician.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
More Evidence that David Chiu who knows so little about firearms is attempting to infringe on the Rights of Americas:

Basic question IF David Chiu can not get something as simple right as a CO2 toy pistol vs a real pistol, how on earth can he be trusted to do anything more significant - yet, we see his hubris shine:

David Chiu attempting to push your rights further down the slippery into oblivion

"The other firearms bill, Assembly Bill 2847, authored by Assemblyman David Chiu (D-San Francisco), would change the current microstamping law by requiring a microstamp to be printed in the interior of the gun. The microstamps inside the gun, which imprints tiny markings onto cartridge cases for quicker identification by police, had been first made legal to use in California in 2013, following the passage of AB 1471 in 2007. "

ref:

and from his political page:
  • MAY 22, 2020
Calling the gun industry’s bluff
The gun industry has been dragging its feet on a common-sense law that would make guns safer and hold criminals accountable. Together, we can force them to take action that will save lives.
My new bill, AB 2847, would require gunmakers to incorporate microstamping technology — to imprint microscopic characters that identify a handgun’s make, model, and serial number on the casing of every bullet that is fired. Having this information is critical to solving countless crimes involving firearms, as well as to reducing the black market for guns. The bill would also require that new handguns include safety features to prevent accidental shootings.
1621912249605.png
A microstamping law was signed in 2007, but the gun manufacturers in California decided simply to stop producing any new handguns at all — arguing that the technology was too hard to implement.

My bill simplifies the microstamping requirement, in a way that the gun industry has admitted in court they can already do. With this new simpler approach, forcing the manufacturers to change their ways, I’m calling their bluff.

Our bill passed its first critical vote this past week. Please click here to read the San Francisco Chronicle piece on this groundbreaking legislation — and then share my post with your friends and family!

It’s far past time for excuses by the gun industry. As a father, I’m ready to do all I can to ensure that all of our children are safe, and that gunmakers are held accountable.

I’m honored to be working with the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, the Giffords Law Center, March for Our Lives California and a host of other advocates — who believe, as I passionately do, that the gun industry has evaded this critical issue for far too long.

I hope you’ll read this article about our bill and share the post with friends, so more Californians can know what we’re doing to hold the gun industry accountable.

Onward,

David

ref:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, and Mr. I know what a gun is.. banned Gun Shows from a public event center...

Senate Bill 281 by State Sen. Scott Wiener and Assemblymember David Chiu, both Democrats from San Francisco, would prohibit the sale of guns and ammunition at the event center bordering San Francisco and Daly City.