Cam Placement Advice

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello:

Could you please advise if the Cam placement indicated on pic are looks good. I am debating either to place 2 cams in Red spots or just place 1 Cam in Green place? Any other suggestions much appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

Attachments

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
you can go with a dahua dual lens and the best will be 1 cam on the green place for me

BICK

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you, but I have IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cams that I would need to place either 2 upfront or 1 upfront in Green and 1 in the back. Can't decide...

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Im a big fan of having two crossing cameras for the driveway. In my case I'm able to keep one in forced color.

(Dont forget to switch youtube player to 1080p)

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Im a big fan of having two crossing cameras for the driveway. In my case I'm able to keep one in forced color.

(Dont forget to switch youtube player to 1080p)

Hello redfish what exposure do you use for these 2 cameras ? auto or 1/100 with antiflicker ?
Here is France i have flickering problem ; with 50hz mode no problems but the fast exposure i can have is 1/100 no more :/

BICK

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you, but I have IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cams that I would need to place either 2 upfront or 1 upfront in Green and 1 in the back. Can't decide...
I'd go with 2 cams, 1 at each red circle. The left red circle allows the cam to see down the driver's side of the car. IMO, the green would be located too far to the right to do that.

The right red circle allows that cam to be oriented to the porch and/front door at a lower height than the middle green circle, providing better facial ID. Or it could look more toward the passenger side of the car, an approaching person would be required to walk toward the cam if headed to the porch, again providing a good ID opportunity at that height.

I'm a big fan of the dual sensor/1 housing concept but I feel they are best suited to places with limited approaches which is not the case here.

Just my 2 cents.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello redfish what exposure do you use for these 2 cameras ? auto or 1/100 with antiflicker ?
Here is France i have flickering problem ; with 50hz mode no problems but the fast exposure i can have is 1/100 no more :/

BICK
Kinda complicated with these HD-CVI cams, I'm not certain I really understand the combination of the various settings involved.

(What I have is shown in the 3 screencaps attached.)

Basically I run "Auto" but within that there is a "Normal" and "Low Motion Blur" setting.

I use Low Motion Blur, which in turn gives me a min and max shutter. 1-33. I assume this is miliseconds? through trial and error Ive found 25 max to be the best tradeoff between too dark and too much motion blur.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The settings above seem to give me the same image as if I use Manual 1/1000 as shown below?

But I think at night it will be different...

3231-Exposure-MANUAL1-1000.jpg

bickford

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
And you have no problems of flicker at night with flood light ?

Thanks !
BICK

Philly

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you Looney2ns! If I'll place Cams next to the light on the left side of light closer to the garage door - do you think that the light would be an issue at night glowing into the cam from the right side?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you Looney2ns! If I'll place Cams next to the light on the left side of light closer to the garage door - do you think that the light would be an issue at night glowing into the cam from the right side?
As long as you have the cams pointed roughly to the center of the driveway, as they should be, then it shouldn't be a problem.
Always test each location you want cams for a min of 24hrs to see how it looks.
Portable test rig: 5 gal bucket, 8ft 2x4, and rocks, long Ethernet cable.
I suggest using the proper wall mount for the cam, for better positioning, a place to put the water proofed pigtail, and the need for only a small hole drilled for the unterminated cat cable.