Cam suggestions using Camect

Underwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
A little new here but reading quite a bit.

I have a Camect which does AI detection and I like it.
I've got a POE switch and so now I'm looking into cameras. I have Reolinks at the moment and am looking to do better.

Since Camect has AI built-in, I don't really need an AI capable camera.

I also have some interesting situations with light that I'm trying to figure out.

Location 1 Covered Porch - This faces the street and about half of my deliveries go here and is next to my front door. I am hoping for facial recognition here. Distance would be within 20-30 feet so I'm thinking a 2.8mm lens? The weird part is that the covered porch has 2 recessed lights that go on at night. I'm not sure if this will mess with the camera, making it think it is daylight and thus the IR LED's may not turn on. It wouldn't be a problem except that the porch lights aren't bright enough to light up 20-30 feet away so I think I if the IR isn't on, it'll just capture darkness at 20-30 ft away but images 5 feet away would be visible.

Location 2 Inside Garage - I have 20+ recessed lights in my garage that go on with an occupancy sensor. So I'm thinking that my lighting situation will always be decent. Does this mean I can save a little money on the camera in this situation? I can place the camera by the entryway so I can ID people either with a fish eye or a 2.8mm. Thoughts?

Underwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
A picture of the porch.

I was planning on mounting the camera on the wod above the window.

20210119_094858.jpg

20210119_082427.jpg

Last edited:

Underwhere

n3wb
Reaction score
Went with a Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS and I think it's about right. Not able to mount it lower.

This is 9:30PM with landscape lighting on (dim) and overhead lighting on (also dim).
I'm not even sure the IR will ever turn on.

Loryta.png