Cam1 Trigger's Cam2 PTZ preset?

dalepa

Reaction score
When Cam1 is triggered, I want Cam2 to PTZ to a preset. Is this possible?

Basically, when Cam1 detects motion at me gate, I want Cam2 to swing around and record too...

dalepa

Reaction score
That doesn't quite do want I want. If I assign Cam1 and Cam2 to a group "Gate" and have Cam1 Trigger Camera groups "Gate" , and set Cam2 When Triggered: Move to Preset 4, It works, but when Cam2 is triggered (while it's on preset 1), it also moves to Preset 4.

It seems like this would be simpler to have an alarm function that would move a given camera to a preset.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
That doesn't quite do want I want. If I assign Cam1 and Cam2 to a group "Gate" and have Cam1 Trigger Camera groups "Gate" , and set Cam2 When Triggered: Move to Preset 4, It works, but when Cam2 is triggered (while it's on preset 1), it also moves to Preset 4.

It seems like this would be simpler to have an alarm function that would move a given camera to a preset.
See the note on the bottom of post 2, in the linked thread. You need to create a cloned camera that has its motion detection disabled.
You are right though, there should be a cleaner way to do it. Shoot an email to Ken and see what he says.

dalepa

Reaction score
Found a solution using the JSON Control Program For BlueIris

1. Downloaded the JSON app HERE
2. Placed the 3 files in C:\blueiris\bin
3. On the Alerts Tab of the triggering camera(BarnCam), I set "Run a program or execute a script" to the following:
Program: C:\BlueIris\bin\jsonBI.exe​
Paramerters: login http://192.168.1.10:8080/json USER PASSWORD; ptz Cam1 105; trigger Cam1​

Change USER PASSWORD to a valid BI user​

Now when my BarnCam gets an alert, my Cam1 PTZ cam will move to preset 5 (BarnView) and record

BI should have this functionality built into the alert section, but for not this appears to work.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sticky worthy post, Dan..thanks!
Oh, and this is how the machines will inherit the earth...forming the Matrix! :)

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I do something similar using Bicommand. I placed Bicommand.ex in in C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3\BIcommand\
Under the Alerts tab, Run a Program, Configure button-
In the file box enter... C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3\BIcommand\bicommand.exe
In the Parameters box enter... ptzpreset=2 CamShortName
Check the box... Run file again when trigger is reset
In the second Parameters box enter... ptzpreset=1 CamShortName

This method returns the PT camera to its original position.

I use it on a PT camera in the house that looks over the living room normally. When the outside front door cam is triggered it moved the PT camera to look at the inside of the front door. And I do the same thing when the back yard cam is triggered the PT moved to look at the sliding door to the back yard.

dalepa

Reaction score
I initially went looking for bicommand, but couldn't find it. Is is still supported? The JSON app is simple and just works.

I do something similar using Bicommand. I placed Bicommand.ex in in C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3\BIcommand\
Under the Alerts tab, Run a Program, Configure button-
In the file box enter... C:\Program Files (x86)\Blue Iris 3\BIcommand\bicommand.exe
In the Parameters box enter... ptzpreset=2 CamShortName
Check the box... Run file again when trigger is reset
In the second Parameters box enter... ptzpreset=1 CamShortName

This method returns the PT camera to its original position.

I use it on a PT camera in the house that looks over the living room normally. When the outside front door cam is triggered it moved the PT camera to look at the inside of the front door. And I do the same thing when the back yard cam is triggered the PT moved to look at the sliding door to the back yard.

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Bicommand is still available in the download section at Cam-It.org. I don't think it is supported as far as additional features being added but what is there still works with the latest version of BI and Win10. Not all the commands are listed in the download thread but I ran across the ptz command (and a few others) elsewhere.

With Json are you able to return to the original position post trigger?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read that Bicommand doesn't work if you run BI as a service...is that true? is JSON more successful?

ITHelpMe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Found a solution using the JSON Control Program For BlueIris

1. Downloaded the JSON app HERE
2. Placed the 3 files in C:\blueiris\bin
3. On the Alerts Tab of the triggering camera(BarnCam), I set "Run a program or execute a script" to the following:

Program: C:\BlueIris\bin\jsonBI.exe​

Paramerters: login http://192.168.1.10:8080/json USER PASSWORD; ptz Cam1 105; trigger Cam1​

Change USER PASSWORD to a valid BI user​

Now when my BarnCam gets an alert, my Cam1 PTZ cam will move to preset 5 (BarnView) and record

BI should have this functionality built into the alert section, but for not this appears to work.
This is awesome. I'm using this technique as a poor man's Auto Tracking. I have a handful of fixed cameras around my property and I use them all to have them move the PTZ to their position once these fixed cameras detection motion. I have the Dahua SD49225T-HN PTZ and it's working pretty good. My question is how do we delay the record trigger to 1 second or half a second so that the images in the Clips reflects the new destination ptz position rather than the original ptz starting position? Thank you.
upload_2017-10-12_21-43-40.png

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is awesome. I'm using this technique as a poor man's Auto Tracking. I have a handful of fixed cameras around my property and I use them all to have them move the PTZ to their position once these fixed cameras detection motion. I have the Dahua SD49225T-HN PTZ and it's working pretty good. My question is how do we delay the record trigger to 1 second or half a second so that the images in the Clips reflects the new destination ptz position rather than the original ptz starting position? Thank you.
View attachment 22581
Cool....did u figure out how to return the PTZ back to original position after the event has ended at the new position?

ITHelpMe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Cool....did u figure out how to return the PTZ back to original position after the event has ended at the new position?
I just use the camera idle timeout and set it to 1 minute of inactivity and it will go to the preset I want.

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
cool...i need to try this again...can u send me JSON? I cant find it.

ITHelpMe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up using BIcommand. I found JSON was crashing on some Windows 10 machine and it's also slower than BIcommand.

dmor

n3wb
Reaction score
I ended up using BIcommand. I found JSON was crashing on some Windows 10 machine and it's also slower than BIcommand.
Good Morning,
What is BICommand for sending a ptz cam to set position and zooming in. Also do you have a list of the commands that be executed in BIcommand with examples.

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
BI Command (C) Wolfgang Preiss 2008
===================================

BI Command is designed to use Blue Iris DDE commands for external call.

Usage:

bicommand.exe <command> <camshortname1> <camshortname2> etc.

You can use as many camera short names as you want, and which are available.

Available commands:

trigger: triggers an motion event - will call set up alerts
recstart: starts manual recording of the camera(s)
recstop: stops manual recording of the camera(s)
snapshot: takes a snapshot of the camera(s) and stores it in the recording folder
reset: resets the camera(s)
enable: enables the camera(s)
disable: disables the camera(s)

Example "bicommand.exe snapshot cam1 cam2 cam3"

This is freeware. If you payed for this tool please report to dwayne@gmx.org
or leave a message at http://www.cam-it.org