Camera anchor options for brick?

Tengu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been testing different mounting points for my cameras and it looks like directly mounted on the brick wall is the best option for all the cameras so far.

The main cameras I have are the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE & IPC-HDW5231R-Z. And I have the PFB203W wall mount brackets for them. https://www.dahuasecurity.com/au/products/productDetail/1044

These attach via a plate on the back.

What are people using to attach them to the bricks? Are they using the provided plastic anchors and screws or going for something stronger?

Like these AnkaScrews? Ramset 6 x 75mm Galvanised AnkaScrew Masonry Anchor

Or these DynaBolts? Which my crack the brick as it expands? Ramset 6 x 60mm DynaBolt Plus Flat Head Bolt - 4 Pack

Other options? Opinions?

Thanks

Attachments

Aengus4h

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can't help with the mounting plates as I don't have those cameras, but mounting to brick is something we do in the UK, being mostly brick buildings. Personally I'd use my own plastic plugs and screws to suit, using the largest size that fits the housing and suitable length like say 1.5 to 2 inch into the brick. You'd need plastic plugs for the masonry anchor bolts you list I think anyway, don't think you could just screw those directly into brick?

The Dynabolt would work too but yes they can split the brick if you overtighten too far or have several too close together, so perhaps have one per mount if they'll fit well and for the rest normal plug/screw if you're really worried about them being ripped down.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi,
I've been testing different mounting points for my cameras and it looks like directly mounted on the brick wall is the best option for all the cameras so far.

The main cameras I have are the IPC-HDW5231R-ZE & IPC-HDW5231R-Z. And I have the PFB203W wall mount brackets for them. https://www.dahuasecurity.com/au/products/productDetail/1044

These attach via a plate on the back.

What are people using to attach them to the bricks? Are they using the provided plastic anchors and screws or going for something stronger?

Like these AnkaScrews? Ramset 6 x 75mm Galvanised AnkaScrew Masonry Anchor

Or these DynaBolts? Which my crack the brick as it expands? Ramset 6 x 60mm DynaBolt Plus Flat Head Bolt - 4 Pack

Other options? Opinions?

Thanks
Hi tengu,

I would drill into the mortar and not the brick, in the USA there are a number of anchor bolts / methods you can use.

Tengu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @Aengus4h the masonry anchor bolts I listed don't require plastic plugs, but they don't come in a size that would fit the holes on the mounting plate. Of course I could always make the holes bigger to suite.

Tengu

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @mat200 I've read that a few times on here, but I thought they where talking about getting the cable through the brick wall via the mortar?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi @mat200 I've read that a few times on here, but I thought they where talking about getting the cable through the brick wall via the mortar?
Hi Tengu, both.

If you can avoid drilling into brick it will be best, this way you will be better able to patch any mistakes in the mortar.

The Wall Mount should work well as the 2 holes you need to secure the mount line up with the hole for the cable - so you can do that on a good mortar seam.