camera and NVR recommendation

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking to replace an amcrest 3MP POE camera system that crapped out after just over a year when the warranty expired. Didnt really have any complaints on it worked well from the iphone when away from home. Image quality could have been better on amcrest cameras, the one Hikvision i had also tied into the systems was better than the amcrest.

I am very impressed with what i have seen with the dahua starlight cameras. There are so many options for cameras and NVRs from them i am lost.

I am looking for essentially a plug and play setup. I have my shielded cat 5 cables ran from the existing system and the 6TB HD. I have 5 cameras on the house now that works well, may want to add another so 8 channel is more than enough. My max distance is about 100 ft unless i add another looking down the street but at that distance i doubt i could read license plates?

Anyone have any recommendations. Not 100 percent sold on Dahua but looking for quality system and microphone would be a plus. Ive read alot on the forums but

Thanks!

Last edited:

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I have no reason that I would ever go past 8 cameras, is the 16 better to get because it has a better processor to handle more cameras? also cant really find any place online that sells that dahua nvr or cameras to the public....

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for the reply, I have no reason that I would ever go past 8 cameras, is the 16 better to get because it has a better processor to handle more cameras? also cant really find any place online that sells that dahua nvr or cameras to the public....
Many of us here have purchased from: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
Store rep is active on here. @EMPIRETECANDY Helps out all he can.

Specs for NVR's can be seen at Dahua Technology - Leading Video Surveillance Solution Provider with CCTV Products, IP Camera, PTZ, HDCVI products, NVR, Intelligent Building, Intelligent Transportation and Software - Dahua Technology