Camera called "Motion" keeps being added back.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When I restart BI a camera called "Motion" with shortname of "Camera" keeps being added in as a camera. It has no signal because it has no setup. Has anyone else ever had this happen? This is twice on two systems now. On the last system I just hid it because I could never get rid of it.

Mike.in.Minnesota

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you checked that you don't have that weird camera set to trigger on another camera?

If you really want to remove it.... (Caution: careful with performing registry changes)

1. Export the BI settings.
2. Export each individual camera's settings. You may want to unhide hidden cameras to export their settings... including the weird one.

You should already be doing these two steps after making changes to settings and camera settings.
The BI export exports everything, including cameras. But, exporting each camera individually makes it much easier to restore a cameras setting if things get hosed.

3. Shutdown BI.

4. Go into the Windows system registry to the following branches...
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Perspective Software"
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Perspective Software"

5. Under each of those 2 branches (do the following in both branches), open the 'Blue Iris/Cameras' branch. There you will find the list of cameras and their settings. You should see the camera there. Select it, and press the 'Delete' key to delete that cameras registry settings.

6. Startup BI. Check that the camera is no longer in BI.
If it's still there. Check that you don't have that weird camera set to trigger on another camera.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So why do I need to delete from the registry and why doesn't "right click" then "Delete Camera" work?

I checked and see nothing attaching this camera to anything.

jrf

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I did the above and removed it from the registry. This worked for a few reboots but now this camera is back again.