Camera Clone ID PLEASE Univivi U611w

Killer Kool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello ,

I currently have a Univivi U611W Megapixel HD 1280 x 720P H.264 Home Security Surveillance Indoor/Outdoor IP Camera,WiFi spy camera,Wide Viewing Angle, Night Vision 30ft with IR-Cut support Andriod and iOS (white)

The night vision is a total white out. The software has a place to turn off the ir led - but it does not function. I like the size and day time picture of camera but wish to trun off leds. Does anyone know the Clone of this camera? Thinking an firmware update may provide the useful functions?!?

I contacted iris from univivi tech support and basically got no usable answers...

:rapture:

So what camera is this?

Killer Kool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
VendorID=HX
ProductID=C6F0SeZ3N0P0L0
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible detected!

Off of Blue iris

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
VendorID=HX
ProductID=C6F0SeZ3N0P0L0
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible detected!

Off of Blue iris
That is meaningless...you can disregard it...you are most likely out of luck...thats the problem with these cheap cams..

Killer Kool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Darn it....HX was part of
  • Hikvision Usa Inc.
  • Model #: DS-2CD2032-I-4MM
  • ADI #: HX-D2032I

Hikvision so far is the only one that physically looks like it short of the antenna/wireless part

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Darn it....HX was part of
  • Hikvision Usa Inc.
  • Model #: DS-2CD2032-I-4MM
  • ADI #: HX-D2032I

Hikvision so far is the only one that physically looks like it short of the antenna/wireless part
I was refering to the foscam portion...even if the HX is correct, there is 99 percent chance you will brick the camera even if you tried to force the firmware via tftp

Killer Kool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes...Understood the foscam part...Only so far brick one camera...it took me a week to bring back tho.....just really physcally like this camera and already painted it up to be hidden!!!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes...Understood the foscam part...Only so far brick one camera...it took me a week to bring back tho.....just really physcally like this camera and already painted it up to be hidden!!!
post a picture of what you are seeing at night.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ok..looks like really bad ir reflection...can you post a photo of how the camera is mounted?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That is pretty bad.

I see two possibilities.

1. Something near the front of the camera is reflecting IR strongly back at the lens.

It should be easy to rule that one out just by looking up at it. If it is under an eave then maybe the edge of the eave is just out of sight and it could cause this. But usually when this happens you get more of a ring shape in the picture. Your video looks more constant.

Second possibility: The IR is reflecting off the internals of the camera and making its way back to the imaging sensor. Maybe through the lens, maybe through a gap between lens and sensor. You can often fix this by opening up the camera and adding black material around the lens and all the way back over the sensor. Black tape for example, or even a black piece of foam if you have some handy. There is not a lot of room to work with. If all else fails, you can open it up again and unplug / cut the IR leds. The thing I would worry about is that the light sensor is there on the IR board and if you disconnect it then the IR filter will probably not function and who knows what state it will be left in.

Killer Kool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The Camera is mounted straight out. Under eve but clear of anything else. Yes I wanted to turn off the IR Led just for that reflection idea. I have changed the mounting tilt without luck.

The software upgrades thru the generic gui shows this

So far i tried 4 foscam firmware and edimax firmware...all say successful but it actually doesnt take.

Attachments

Killer Kool

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Ok so far what i have discover about these cameras ( I have 10 of them)

They all use [FONT=&quot] HISILICON 3518E+ OV9712 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]image sensor.

I have only upgraded firmware via the supplied Gui Interface. I have never hacked software directly[/FONT]