Camera Comparison Help Please N24CG52 VS T5241TM-AS Turret

Reaction score
I have kind of settled in on a couple of N24CG52 Dahua cams. looks to do all what I would ask of them, but was recommended the IPC-T5241TM-AS, I am looking in a Dahua US catalog from 2018 and would like to compare, wondering what the US # is for the T5241 #, so if anyone can fill me in on the pros-cons would appreciate the help. The job I want then is for the back yard fence, about 250 feet, my NVR"s I have one N52B3P EPOE /EOC as a spare right now, and a NVR52-4KS POE ONLY that is in use. Got the EPOE cheap a fellow bought it and wasn't compatible with his non Dahua Cams. so he sold it, gave me the receipt for warranty, US sold. It is educating to read all the treads and comparisons but can be a bit overwhelming for this old codger. Thanks

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have kind of settled in on a couple of N24CG52 Dahua cams. looks to do all what I would ask of them, but was recommended the IPC-T5241TM-AS, I am looking in a Dahua US catalog from 2018 and would like to compare, wondering what the US # is for the T5241 #, so if anyone can fill me in on the pros-cons would appreciate the help. The job I want then is for the back yard fence, about 250 feet, my NVR"s I have one N52B3P EPOE /EOC as a spare right now, and a NVR52-4KS POE ONLY that is in use. Got the EPOE cheap a fellow bought it and wasn't compatible with his non Dahua Cams. so he sold it, gave me the receipt for warranty, US sold. It is educating to read all the treads and comparisons but can be a bit overwhelming for this old codger. Thanks
Hi @donttreadonme

The 2018 catalog: A lot of the newer models we've been reviewing here are more recent, and thus even if they were available by Dahua US they would not be in the catalog.

Best is to see the member reviews, and see if they have compared with the other Dahua OEM 2MP starlights ( IPC-HDW42xx Dahua OEM internation model which should be close to the N24CG52 Dahua US market model )

naturally the best is to have the 2 cameras yourself to compare - as none of us are really using proper controlled environment to get the best comparisons for various cameras and thus typically with lighting conditions changing a bit each night we can not easily get the best "control" / baseline to compare cameras. So YMMV on any of our reviews - still good enough to get a basic idea of what works well, harder when the cameras perform close to each other.

Reaction score
Is there a cross reference available, I am leaning a bit to US as the 5 year warranty, as compared to international ones, hard to say with the trade war stuff what is next, as there is a push back already on Hik and Dahua, I know it isn't used in Gov. but if we get another 4 years of this it most likely will get crazier. as even the ONVIF is already and that is just a standard, why is that??. even selling a couple of Bosch bullet that should work but do ok with the NVR but not able to access from remote on any device, Dealer spent lots of Hrs with Dahua and said trade them for Dahua cams, so have them listed, on here.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is there a cross reference available, I am leaning a bit to US as the 5 year warranty, as compared to international ones, hard to say with the trade war stuff what is next, as there is a push back already on Hik and Dahua, I know it isn't used in Gov. but if we get another 4 years of this it most likely will get crazier. as even the ONVIF is already and that is just a standard, why is that??. even selling a couple of Bosch bullet that should work but do ok with the NVR but not able to access from remote on any device, Dealer spent lots of Hrs with Dahua and said trade them for Dahua cams, so have them listed, on here.
Hi @donttreadonme

Normally I check the spec sheets and try to match the closest models.

The Dahua website now forces the first link hit to a "main page" to direct people to various regional Dahua sites ( US, international, Chinese ) - and hitting it the 2nd time for links we've posted here on models will get you to the appropriate page on the 2nd click to open.

Look for Andy EmpireTecAndy - he often posts the Dahua International catalog here, so search for that as a reference.

Also look for the Dahua international model naming convention in the cliff notes - iirc, they're still using that naming convention. ( I haven't fully kept up on this .. so you'll want to double check )

in general
IPC = IP Camera
HDW = turret
HFW = bullet
1xxx, 4xxx = fixed lens
2xxx, 5xxx = varifocal

x2xx = 2MP
x4xx = 4MP