Camera connection issues

nos707

n3wb
Reaction score
Morning all,

I'm having some difficulty getting cameras to connect after being unplugged and location changed.

I have tested the cables and they are fine. I currently have three cameras that wont connect.. B140, D140 and DS-2CD2342WD-I. All cameras worked perfectly before being unplugged so I can only guess it's an IP address/admin/password issue.

I have tried manually adding the cameras using the camera IP address (taken from SADP) and even when this matches the address on the NVR (DS-7716NI-I4/16P) It will say 'detecting' or 'connecting' and then I get '!' with no connection.

I am new to password recovery/reset tools but I have tried using the tool on this forum however I couldn't see anywhere to enter the reset code.

Any ideas?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I have tried manually adding the cameras using the camera IP address (taken from SADP) and even when this matches the address on the NVR (DS-7716NI-I4/16P) It will say 'detecting' or 'connecting' and then I get '!' with no connection.
That method should, and does, work OK.
I'd guess you are missing something, so a bit more detail might establish what.
Camera IP address / default gateway, NVR PoE channel IP address, camera admin password, connection protocol. These are the variables.

How did you determine and set the camera IP addresses with SADP, were they connected to the NVR PoE ports at the time?