camera countermeasures, but a little bit late

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just another example of criminals and their stupidity and not caring if a camera is there or not.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
just another example of criminals and their stupidity and not caring if a camera is there or not.
Thieves are the lowest form of scum, but you can't ask for a better choke point shot than that, I would be very very surprised if they don't catch him. I looked at a reddit article and they were dropping plate numbers, VIN numbers of the car and everything, someone wouldn't drop his name because of their stupid rules but if this guy doesn't get caught by the cops it's pure negligence, if the cops don't do anything I hope someone takes the law into their own hands. Yeah I am sure that is an unpopular opinion but you know what? These people will not stop victimizing people, someone needs to stand up to them and at least get him sent back to jail for a while, if not hand out some justice.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thieves are the lowest form of scum, but you can't ask for a better choke point shot than that, I would be very very surprised if they don't catch him. I looked at a reddit article and they were dropping plate numbers, VIN numbers of the car and everything, someone wouldn't drop his name because of their stupid rules but if this guy doesn't get caught by the cops it's pure negligence, if the cops don't do anything I hope someone takes the law into their own hands. Yeah I am sure that is an unpopular opinion but you know what? These people will not stop victimizing people, someone needs to stand up to them and at least get him sent back to jail for a while, if not hand out some justice.
over mail? really? what century do you live in that mail is actually that important anymore? Bills are usually emailed now, any money issued is thru direct deposit, important messages are done thru email. There is a reason why the postal service started delivering packages cause mail is becoming obsolete the only thing that saved the postal service from continuing is amazon. take my mail it will save me the time from throwing the junk out cause thats all i get everything else that would matter is done with current technology. The police aren't going to care its not even their issue, its the postal police that have to handle it and guess what that isn't going to happen because they are only around for the big stuff aka illegal stuff being sent thru the mail, aka they are really just a door way for say the IRS to charge people for stuff like mail fraud etc etc or basically the best tracking tool of people is thru junk mail and the government knows that.

First thing anyone looking for someone does (thats good at it and knows what they are doing) is check the mail box for a name if its not there then step two is check the junk mail in the box once you have that which 99 percent of the time its the most up to date info on who lives there is, then you can go and take that name of the person and get a list of what vehicles are registered to them again thru the internet for free and up to date if you know where to look which mind you in usually right under everyones nose.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
over mail? really? what century do you live in that mail is actually that important anymore? Bills are usually emailed now, any money issued is thru direct deposit, important messages are done thru email. There is a reason why the postal service started delivering packages cause mail is becoming obsolete the only thing that saved the postal service from continuing is amazon. take my mail it will save me the time from throwing the junk out cause thats all i get everything else that would matter is done with current technology. The police aren't going to care its not even their issue, its the postal police that have to handle it and guess what that isn't going to happen because they are only around for the big stuff aka illegal stuff being sent thru the mail, aka they are really just a door way for say the IRS to charge people for stuff like mail fraud etc etc or basically the best tracking tool of people is thru junk mail and the government knows that.

First thing anyone looking for someone does (thats good at it and knows what they are doing) is check the mail box for a name if its not there then step two is check the junk mail in the box once you have that which 99 percent of the time its the most up to date info on who lives there is, then you can go and take that name of the person and get a list of what vehicles are registered to them again thru the internet for free and up to date if you know where to look which mind you in usually right under everyones nose.
It's the principle, do you really think the only thing this guy does is steal mail? You are insane, you can be sure this guy steals everything, is a druggy, could have murdered people, the reason we have people like this is because of people like you who are criminal apologists, if you want to let people take advantage of you that is fine, doesn't mean everyone else should do it.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It's the principle, do you really think the only thing this guy does is steal mail? You are insane, you can be sure this guy steals everything, is a druggy, could have murdered people, the reason we have people like this is because of people like you who are criminal apologists, if you want to let people take advantage of you that is fine, doesn't mean everyone else should do it.
First lets point out you don't know what I do for a living there's assumption ONE, second you just proved you're no better then the communities who automatically claim the police are guilty when you HAVE NO PROOF of anything else other then what is in the video. Its called getting your FACTS before assuming or forming a judgement on someone. Scary they would let people with your thinking be the ones who judge someone in the court of law that basis his thinking on assumptions rather then the facts. Sorry criminals don't push me around nor am I a criminal apologist as you remarked nor am i a criminal as you so bluntly asked in another thread. But what I am is one who Wants to KNOW ALL THE FACTS before I crucify someone or form my opinion. I have seen multiple post from you and its seems the more post lately I have see from you the more of a troll I think you are. Not to mention you're probably still upset with my response to you a few days ago of me not broadcasting what I do for a living. So MR. HMJGRIFFION aka Mr Joe P****e GET YOUR facts straight and in order before forming opinions on what you do not know.

So enlighten us how many friends have you made so far cause I'm not seeing many. Push and be pushed back I have a lot more I could post if you would like? But with respect to the OP and fenderman and the rest of the good folks here I won't out you in public

Hmjgriffon, Male, 36 | Jacksonville, United States | Badoo

Last edited:

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

It doesn't take much for people on reddit to go a little crazy.

Mail is still relevant and matters. Most people under 40 get a lot less mail worth stealing but I bet most of them still get pre-approved credit card offers in the mail. Your bank sends checks when you order them via the mail, new credit cards show up in the mail and this time of year there are tax documents and tax fraud's at an all time high. There's also always going to be somebody getting a birthday check or cash. 90% of them mail I get ends up in recycling, the I really wouldn't want somebody else the get there hands on the other 10%.

ID theft is serious and a royal pain in the ass and a good reason to take mail theft seriously.

People always complain about every aspect of government and then vote against every ballot initiative that would keep enough cops on the street and the heat at the elementary school functioning / roof from leaking. People need to realize especially at a local level that they have a surprising ability to limit the functionality of their local government.

Last edited:

bababouy

Known around here
Reaction score
Awesome video clip which even captures the guys car. This is a good lesson why installers and a lot of guys on here recommend having two cameras that cross each other. He may have masked both cameras, maybe the second camera could have been mounted a little higher and out of reach. This property would probably be a good candidate for a couple of LPRs mounted around the property also.

We have seen tons of people breaking into these types of mail boxes, especially in industrial parks and plazas. Companies still pay their bills by check and will mail them out. These guys will take a signed check to a gas station or shitty little check cashing store and cash it with a forged signature. The company that cashes the check takes 5% and when the check shows up as stolen, the bank usually eats the cost and does not pursue the criminal. For example, we have a customer that sends us a check via mail. It usually arrives a few days before the due date. We don't contact the customer until the payment is 30 days late. They usually tell us to wait a few days, its in the mail. We wait another 10 days before we contact our customer again. They then contact the bank who says the check was cashed 45 days ago at "speedy's shitty check cashing store". They then research the check for 10 days then return the funds back to the customer. By then the video from "speedys shitty check cashing store" is gone and there is no evidence to prove who cashed the check. The same customer was recieving a payment from one of their customer's for $14,000 that week, which happened to be cashed at "speedys shitty check cashing store".

These guys aren't breaking into mailboxes for nothing, they are going by the law of averages and hitting tons on mail boxes everyday. That's why this guy is driving a lexus with rims and has electrical tape handy.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
First lets point out you don't know what I do for a living there's assumption ONE, second you just proved you're no better then the communities who automatically claim the police are guilty when you HAVE NO PROOF of anything else other then what is in the video. Its called getting your FACTS before assuming or forming a judgement on someone. Scary they would let people with your thinking be the ones who judge someone in the court of law that basis his thinking on assumptions rather then the facts. Sorry criminals don't push me around nor am I a criminal apologist as you remarked nor am i a criminal as you so bluntly asked in another thread. But what I am is one who Wants to KNOW ALL THE FACTS before I crucify someone or form my opinion. I have seen multiple post from you and its seems the more post lately I have see from you the more of a troll I think you are. Not to mention you're probably still upset with my response to you a few days ago of me not broadcasting what I do for a living. So MR. HMJGRIFFION aka Mr Joe P****e GET YOUR facts straight and in order before forming opinions on what you do not know.

So enlighten us how many friends have you made so far cause I'm not seeing many. Push and be pushed back I have a lot more I could post if you would like? But with respect to the OP and fenderman and the rest of the good folks here I won't out you in public

Hmjgriffon, Male, 36 | Jacksonville, United States | Badoo
Lol

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score

Mail is still relevant and matters. Most people under 40 get a lot less mail worth stealing but I bet most of them still get pre-approved credit card offers in the mail. Your bank sends checks when you order them via the mail, new credit cards show up in the mail and this time of year there are tax documents and tax fraud's at an all time high. There's also always going to be somebody getting a birthday check or cash. 90% of them mail I get ends up in recycling, the I really wouldn't want somebody else the get there hands on the other 10%.

ID theft is serious and a royal pain in the ass and a good reason to take mail theft seriously.

People always complain about every aspect of government and then vote against every ballot initiative that would keep enough cops on the street and the heat at the elementary school functioning / roof from leaking. People need to realize especially at a local level that they have a surprising ability to limit the functionality of their local government.
I do everything online, but I order A LOT of stuff online, amazon mostly, so if they steal your new $170 starlight camera from China you might be a little miffed, luckily I have everything delivered to my wife's job, the few times stuff if delivered to the house they literally just leave it by the front door which drives me nuts. What they steal is irrelevant, it's the fact that they stole something that isn't theirs. It really seems like a mental sickness to go over there and say well, since what they took isn't worth anything just let them do it, that kind of liberal victim mentality is going to leave you in a bad spot one day, you're probably one of these people who would rather hide in the closet and call 911 when someone kicks their door in rather than defend themselves.

wantafastz28

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wow that's old and I'm not sure what the point was? You gonna come after me buddy? Come on, I'm waiting.
The point was, I laughed, and felt like typing lol and click the post reply button....i find you being here doesn't provide any substance, you ask what the point of my post is, but I wonder that on 99% of yours... you just talk to talk. When seeing posts of people asking for help and you saying someone needs poe+, when that is the issue at all, annoys the fuck out of me. Am I coming for you? You must be a paranoid type guy to think that... I'm just laughing at your arrogance/ignorance, AND that this other guy spent any time looking you up, I know I personally have many other things to do.

Last edited:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I can see a point the ID theft that happened time sadly was my card being scanned at a unknown location and then being used in Tennessee while I was in Kentucky for work suck big time.

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow that's old and I'm not sure what the point was? The guy who posted it can feel free to come after me though.
See even when a point is trying to be made such as getting the facts rather then making assumptions you still don't see it and learn. First no one said they were coming after you stop Adding word that were never there. So who said I was a guy? Assuming again? I could be an alien for all you know with king green and red fingers. Not even worth my time dealing with you tie to look for the ignore button congrats you're the first

Last edited:

code2

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The point was, I laughed, and felt like typing lol and click the post reply button....i find you being here doesn't provide any substance, you ask what the the point of my post is, but I wonder that on 99% of yours... you just talk to talk. When seeing posts of people asking for help and you saying someone needs poe+, when that is the issue at all, annoys the fuck out of me. Am I coming for you? You must be a paranoid type guy to think that... I'm just laughing at your arrogance/ignorance, AND that this other guy spent any time looking you up, I know I personally have many other things to do.
Lmfao
actually no time was spent looking for him took all of 10 seconds to find out about him. Glad you see the point I was trying to get across to him. Oh well moving on

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Awesome video clip which even captures the guys car. This is a good lesson why installers and a lot of guys on here recommend having two cameras that cross each other. He may have masked both cameras, maybe the second camera could have been mounted a little higher and out of reach. This property would probably be a good candidate for a couple of LPRs mounted around the property also.

We have seen tons of people breaking into these types of mail boxes, especially in industrial parks and plazas. Companies still pay their bills by check and will mail them out. These guys will take a signed check to a gas station or shitty little check cashing store and cash it with a forged signature. The company that cashes the check takes 5% and when the check shows up as stolen, the bank usually eats the cost and does not pursue the criminal. For example, we have a customer that sends us a check via mail. It usually arrives a few days before the due date. We don't contact the customer until the payment is 30 days late. They usually tell us to wait a few days, its in the mail. We wait another 10 days before we contact our customer again. They then contact the bank who says the check was cashed 45 days ago at "speedy's shitty check cashing store". They then research the check for 10 days then return the funds back to the customer. By then the video from "speedys shitty check cashing store" is gone and there is no evidence to prove who cashed the check. The same customer was recieving a payment from one of their customer's for $14,000 that week, which happened to be cashed at "speedys shitty check cashing store".

These guys aren't breaking into mailboxes for nothing, they are going by the law of averages and hitting tons on mail boxes everyday. That's why this guy is driving a lexus with rims and has electrical tape handy.

I stopped using checks for ANYTHING years ago. You can setup direct deposit to pay anyone in a lot of banks online banking sites. If they don't have it, there a other options out there.

Yes, even business to business payments. I had a business that only had 6 employees, I stopped mailing the employees checks 10 years ago because we couldn't depend on the USPS to get them delivered in a timely manner. I went to direct deposit payroll through Quickbooks/Intuit. Also went to paying other business's via Quickbooks electronic bill pay probably 15 years ago.

Very little need for checks these days.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I stopped using checks for ANYTHING years ago. You can setup direct deposit to pay anyone in a lot of banks online banking sites. If they don't have it, there a other options out there
fyi, for some payees in your online bill pay they end up mailing physical checks.