Camera Day/Night Profiles

Oldschool

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an Amcrest IP3M-943W bullet camera on Blue Iris v4.6.1.0 and have a question about toggling between Day and Night profile modes within the camera.

In the camera setup (via web browser) I'm able to configure a Day and a Night profile, with different parameters like white balance, exposure, BLC mode, etc. Its pretty nice. I'm also able to schedule a time of day where the Day or Night profile will be active. This is also a nice feature, but since sunset and sunrise move throughout the year this is not optimal.

Blue Iris can toggle the IR Lights on and off based on "actual" sunset/sunrise times using an Event for the camera. However, simply toggling the IR Lights on or off does not seem to change the "profile" the camera is using.

I'm a bit frustrated. At this point the best I can do is a simple schedule in the camera settings and hope that sunset and sunrise are close enough to the camera schedules so everything works.

What is really frustrating is that the camera manual says that I can set the profile to "Normal" and this will cause the Day or Night profiles to be used automatically - presumably when the camera detects darkness and flips on it's IR Lights it will put the camera into the night Profile mode. But this doesn't seem to be working. It never toggles between the two profiles. I'm using the latest firmware. Either this is a bug in the firmware or the manual is wrong.

Any thoughts on how to get optimal camera performance using the Day/Night profile configurations inside the camera?