Camera defect? Black spots in picture

david_ffm

n3wb
Reaction score
I am the owner of a Hikvision DS-2CD2542FWD-IS, and for the past year this has worked just fine. Over the last days however I am randomly noticing some random black spots and color distortions in the picture - see attached samples below.

I took of the cover (see last picture) but the problem still occurs and I cannot see anything on the lense. Also, it seems to be fine for a short time after a unplugging/plugging back in the power. Therefore I am wondering whether this is a defect or something that can be fixed?

Attachments

david_ffm

n3wb
Reaction score
Many thanks both, so basically what you are saying is that the only solution is to set it to B&W permanently and then can be done either via software or by hardware through unplugging a cable? No other option to get this back running normally?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
It's a hardware mechanical fault.
The IR cut filter could be replaced along with the M12 lens mount - these are readily available on on-line market places - but the form factors are quite variable and it's a bit fiddly to do if you are not familiar with it.

david_ffm

n3wb
Reaction score
It's a hardware mechanical fault.
The IR cut filter could be replaced along with the M12 lens mount - these are readily available on on-line market places - but the form factors are quite variable and it's a bit fiddly to do if you are not familiar with it.
I see. B&W seems to work indeed, many thanks for this. I will contact the seller for warranty.