Camera for 'wildlife' surveillance

Ethernaught

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey,

I'd been using a eufy cam 2c kit (wireless) to surveil rodents and traps in the yard. Could anyone suggest similar but better alternatives to this eufy kit please?

I don't care if it's wifi, really, because it's not gonna be for security. In fact, I probably don't have time (or motivation) at the moment, to run cable for cameras for this purpose.

I know other people (here, specifically) set up cameras for wildlife (probably not for rodents, though), but maybe they're all using ip cameras more or less mounted to their houses, with zoom and better capabilities, and are looking at larger animals.

Please give me some advice or direction on the options.

Thanks.

(PS: I know at one time I had been considering that reolink E1 outdoor camera for this purpose. Which I think is wireless and has the option for ip. I know "eww, reolink").

Ethernaught

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is battery-operated like the Eufy 2c on your list of "must haves" ?
Hmm. I guess so. Though that would probably mean motion activated only, which isn't too big a deal. But the eufy cams would miss some stuff, and also record a lot of moving shadow or wind vids (false alarms). I'm open to any suggestions though.