Camera Group Question

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How do I create a camera group, put cameras in it, and add them to trigger both cameras when one is triggered?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In BI's built-in "Help", you can read the how to create a group or groups at "Cameras" => "Camera Groups"..

A camera can trigger a group as mentioned, again, in BI's "Help" under "Cameras" => "Triggering and Motion detection".
You open the "settings" of the camera that, when it's triggered, you want to also trigger a group, click on the "Trigger" tab and toward the bottom on the right check the box "Trigger camera groups" and select the desired group(s) to be triggered from the drop down.

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I read it but I still don’t understand. How do I create a group and put cameras in the group? Or do I create a group and add the group to a camera setting and that makes the camera part of that group?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I read it but I still don’t understand. How do I create a group and put cameras in the group? Or do I create a group and add the group to a camera setting and that makes the camera part of that group?
Yes, that's basically it. Create a group name. Add the cam to the group.

What you do with that group depends on what you want to happen. e.g., One cam triggering causes the others in that group to trigger.

Dorsey Pender

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I could not find where to add the camera to the group. Sorry if this is obvious…. Can you point to the place in the help file where it shows where to create the group and then how to add the cameras to the group?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You are overthinking it...

Simply go to the main camera page and where it says groups either type in the group name if new, or hit select and then from the pulldown type in the name of the group you want it called.

1629791676765.png

Then under trigger, check the Trigger camera groups box and then select the group you want triggered when this camera triggers.

1629791810305.png

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could not find where to add the camera to the group. Sorry if this is obvious…. Can you point to the place in the help file where it shows where to create the group and then how to add the cameras to the group?
You can do this.....deep breath.

Go to Camera "Settings", click on "General" tab, under "Groups" click on "Select", in "new group" box type desired name of new group, click on "Add" then click on "OK".

Note that the name of the group must comply as stated in BI's Help.